19. Winter Dinner

The brothers were busy preparing dinner for their honorable guest, though they were sullen that their guest is the respectable general of the nation and was going to be betrothed by their youngest brother. Their minds were out in space, especially to Cheung Chao who raised Li Jie from his infancy to his teens. Right now he was chopping the vegetables mercilessly that it turned into a minced veggie. Chang Bao was beside him rinsing the rice grains and was about to shout at him. But he wasn't in a mood to argue so he only spoke to him in a gentle tone.

"Brother, you should slice the vegetables, not mincing it." He said, then he sighed as he himself mercilessly clenched the grains of rice in the pot that it almost wanted to crumble.

Rice: What did I do ah? I'm not the General ah! ಥ_ಥ

"What about you? Looks like you are torturing the rice." Cheung Chao refuted as the kitchen knife violently swayed in the air and swooshes the vegetables just like how a cultivator wields his deadly sword. Cheung Chao looks like he was murdering a person callously, and the pitiful vegetables wanted to argue from the charming man who was cutting them.

Vegetables: You are going to eat us yet you're going to mercilessly cutting us with your knife? Be gentle cutting us you twerf! You have no sense of morality?! (ง'-̀̀'́)ง

But the man cannot understand them thus the vegetables ended up suffering from the hands of the charming man. The two brothers assigned in the kitchen kept torturing the food.

As for the two who were assigned to chop firewood, Jin Ping and Tu Fai visualized the wood as if it was their mortal enemy, which was the General. They were slashing the wood with their axe with an amazing speed as they kept killing the General inside their minds. Who was he to begin with that he wanted to pluck the lovely chrysanthemum in the garden? Who was he that he humiliated them?

'He was the fvcking General dammit!' The two thought the same.

Jiang Hua, together with Min Zhe were silent as they were cleaning the fishes that their brother brought from the market. They were speechless that neither of them opened their mouths. The fishes' blood tainted their hands and clothes that they looked like they were murdering someone. As for Min Zhe, who was blaming himself to cause such trouble wanted to cry from agony. Luckily, brother Jiang was with him or else he will really cry as he was cleaning the fishes. As if he mourned the fishes' death.

They felt grieved, and were all frustrated because they were helpless.

In Li Jie's room, the General sat on the bed together with Li Jie. However, the two were in the opposite positions. The General was leaning on the headboard while Li Jie sat near the edge of the bed, as if he was not the owner of the room. Li Jie glanced at the General whose expression seems solemn as if he was the master of peace. Somehow, Li Jie felt creepy towards him and cleared his throat.

"Delun, this is my bed you know?" Li Jie raised his brows and looked directly at his soon-to-be husband. Albeit all his words were passed only to Delun's other ear and stared intensely to him.

'Seriously, what's with this dude? I really wanted to blow his face with my lovely Pancake.' (Pancake= his machine gun)

"I know. Come here and sit beside me." Delun said, a hint of solemnization marked on his eyes. He was as if taming a stray little cat. Li Jie pursed his lips and dare not to move. The both looked at each other in the eyes and no one dared to blink even for a second. Li Jie was hesitating if he would go to the General's side unguarded. He wasn't sure what will the General would do to him.

'What if he'll attack me ah? I'm scared ba!'

But before he could go to his side slowly, Delun immediately pulled him onwards without even explaining him. Delun grabbed his hand and pulled him close, resulting Li Jie's body pressed against the handsome man's big and firm body. His other hand circled around Li Jie's waist and Li Jie's head banged against Delun's chest, hearing the other's heartbeat.