47. Empress Wei

Min Zhe asked the person in front of him, not knowing it was his brother that he desperately wanted to find at this hour. Li Jie racked his brain over, thinking of a way to escape. He didn't want to be seen by his brother, at least not at this state. He didn't want to find out about the real him and asked who the heck was him. He knew that the original soul died already, his brother may likely be sad if he knew the real situation. He also doesn't want his brother to hate him, he couldn't forgive himself if that happens.

He clenched his dagger and turned back at the door, but Min Zhe was one step ahead and violently shut the door. Li Jie gritted his teeth and attacked his brother, at least just to knock him out. But of course, Min Zhe was a skilled warrior. Mostly because Li Jie's body was petite, he couldn't control it well. However, he managed to dodge Min Zhe's attack and finally went out of the room.

"Where did you bring my brother?!" Min Zhe yelled. Li Jie tried his best to distance himself away from Min Zhe but this idiot brother of his was fast as he was.

'This isn't good.' He thought as he ran with his might. Min Zhe whistled, three of the guards accompanied him to catch Li Jie.

'How I wished I could just told him that I'm his little bro. But I'm not an idiot!' He cursed as they played tag. One of the guards caught Li Jie's shoulder and tried to stop him from running. Who would've thought that he received a deathly blow in the eye. The guard who grabbed his shoulder flew to the other side of the Earth.

The guard: Wait, why does it feels so familiar?

"This guy's strong." Min Zhe uttered. He signalled the other guard to move forward, hence the guard moved as he wished. This time, Li Jie moved even faster and jumped high on the wall. He continued running there despite how thin it was. Thanks from the training of his fathers from his last life, he managed to escape well. But he couldn't continue to escape for long. He was slowly losing all his stamina and not for long he would suffer.

'Damn this body. I regretted that I didn't grow muscles. I could've avoided them right now.' He complained as he ran, trying hard to avoid his idiot brother.

The Wei manor was big, big enough to play hide and seek. He jumped off from the wall and continued running. Min Zhe still and the other guards still tailing him.

'Damn this is bad. I'm running out of energy. Just leave me alone already! And why is he not tired yet? Is his stamina made of vacuum?!' Li Jie cried with no tears as he kept running nonstop. He was getting tired, somehow catching his breath. He managed to find a secluded alley and went in hiding.

'Please don't find me here.'

He saw his brother's back passed him in the alley then he finally sighed in relief.

He cried his joy when his brother didn't find him. He also rejoiced that he still lived. But, as soon as he looked up from where he stood, he saw the Empress' face sticking out on the wall as his obsidian eyes looking at him.

'Am I going to die? I didn't even managed to tell Delun my feelings yet. I'm still young to die. I even died once, yet I will die now. Do the Gods hate me?!'

While the Gods who saw Li Jie killed people like chickens:
(╯°Д°)╯

"Your... Majesty..." Li Jie stuttered as he stared at Wei Haoxuan. Somehow, Haoxuan was startled seeing Li Jie's eyes. They were in the different colors.

Wei Haoxuan smiled and jumped down in front of him. Li Jie immediately kowtowed making the Empress somewhat stunned.

"You don't need to bow down, we're not in the palace." Wei Haoxuan smiled and offered him his hands. Li Jie lifted up his head and saw Haoxuan's delicate face.

He was beautiful, no doubt. But he was even more beautiful, he said so himself.

Li Jie grabbed Wei Haoxuan's hand to let him stand up and immediately patted his butt to get rid of the dust.

"Your Majesty..."

"Call me Haoxuan. I'm your husband's friend which means I'm also your friend." Haoxuan said calmly. Li Jie could only observed the Empress in front of him.

He was kind, but a bit shrewd just like him.

Oh how he hated that he was just like him because Delun also loved Haoxuan before. It makes him feel insecure. But he kept all the insecurities to himself and smiled, "Then you can call me Li Jie, Haoxuan."

Haoxuan was somehow delighted and smiled foolishly. He then evaluated the Empress that, he was also like a husky. Fox and a husky, was it a good combination? Never mind, he never cared. That was all in the past and he was more worried in tomorrow than the past.

"They are coming here, you should hide there first. I'll distract them for you."

"But..."

"It's okay. I know how to do it. Otherwise, you want to be caught by them instead?" Haoxuan asked. Li Jie immediately shook his head and said, "You won't tell Delun about this right?"

Haoxuan hummed and pretended to think clearly. Li Jie was nervous as he clenched his fist at his back. Haoxuan stared at Li Jie and said smilingly, "No, I'm not that kind of person. I respect other people's privacy."

Li Jie heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at Haoxuan. He hid himself in the corner as his brother running towards them.

But when they saw the Empress they stopped abruptly and kowtowed to him.

"Greetings Your Majesty the Empress." Min Zhe, including the other guards said. Haoxuan eyes Li Jie and signalled him to go silently. Li Jie nodded and followed Haoxuan's orders. Haoxuan then turned towards the guards and asked calmly, "Why are you running at this hour so late?"

Min Zhe replied, "Your Majesty, assassins infiltrated the manor and managed to escape."

"No one is hurt?"

Min Zhe clenched his fist and said with concern, "Your Majesty, my brother went missing and this lowly servant was searching for him now."

'This brother of his might be clueless about his brother. Young Madame Li is really cunning.' He thought and sighed. He even made his brother worry for him.

"Don't worry, I saw your brother just now and I walked him to his room. He must be sleeping right now. He said he was just smelling the fresh air and I somehow ended up meeting him so I told him to sleep. No need to worry." He lied, Li Jie truly didn't want someone to find out what he was doing.

Min Zhe sighed in relief and said goodbye to the Empress. The Empress hummed and they went on their separate ways.

Haoxuan sighed and said, "Both are troublemakers, they really suited each other."