35. Jealousy

The sulky wife drank a pot of vinegar as he saw him talking with the Empress. The sulky wife was even more sulky when he drank the tea made by the Empress. His wide-blooming smile felt like they had been stabbed by a knife. The husband was worrying about what happened earlier when his brother talked him, forget it! Even he doesn't want to know!

Li Jie drank a mouthful of tea that the servant had poured in his cup. Thinking about his unusual behavior, he recollected his thoughts and instantaneously woke up. He spat a little "thank you" and sipped his tea lightly, as if nothing had happened earlier. The Empress and the Emperor were shocked again. The General's wife seemed like he had a lot of personalities.

The atmosphere went harmonious again. The royal guard at the back of the royal couple had shut his mouth all the time and looked passively at them as if he never cared. Li Jie looked at his brother and felt uncomfortable. What happened before that Chang Bao resented the General to his wits? It was as if he never befriended him nor they have been friends before.

However, he really seemed annoyed when his brother talked about Delun's first love. Imagining Delun with another person felt like his heart was plunged by a knife that it bleeds pitifully. No matter how he mended it, it could never bear the pain. He never really admitted it, but deep inside he knew how he felt. Ever in his life he never really cared about his personal matters. After all, who will care about him? He grew up as a criminal and all his words were contradictory towards other people. Does trust even exist? Can he even trust himself? He was a villain in the eyes of the people who thinks they're innocent. But hell, the people who thinks themselves as virtuous even tortured a villain kid such as himself. What the hell is virtuous? What is righteous? What the hell are those words? Does it exist?

For him, it was bullshit.

But, this feeling he had, it was weird and strange. He never encountered it before. He looked at Delun silently, Delun's face was shining under his eyes, he was fascinated by him and wanted to be with him. But a part of him didn't want to do it.

They made a deal, they even swore that they will not going to be in love with each other. But why? Why did he treated Li Jie like this?

He was confused and downhearted. But outside, he smiled like nothing happened. Maybe his heart was not used to this that's why he was feeling weird.

After their visit then they went home. They entered the carriage and ready to set off. Delun was not dumb, he knew something was wrong with his wife. He asked him before, but his wife just budged it and said that it was nothing. He really wanted to know, but he was scared that he might annoyed Li Jie. Thus, he suppressed his thoughts and looked at him worriedly.

"Honey, what do you want to eat tonight?" Delun who was unaware of Li Jie's thoughts asked, his intimate tone made Li Jie's heart quivered. Li Jie looked at him amd smiled, "Meat."

"Okay, then we will eat meat." Delun said and smiled. He then laid his head on Li Jie's shoulder. Li Jie tensed, he subconsciously glanced at Li Jie's head on his shoulder. He could feel his chest getting heavier, his heartbest went faster, and his blood boiled with excitement. He took a deep breath and blinked, he called Delun and was checking if he was asleep.

"Delun?" Li Jie called, but he got no response.

'He was already asleep.'

He took a deep breath and sighed. He them held the unconscious man's hand tightly.

"Why are you doing this to me? You said that we will not going to love each other and here you are, here you are again. Why do you keep doing this? Are you really, in love with me?" Li Jie whispered as he looked at Delun's face. His face full of worry and pertubation confronted Delun's own tranquility and placidity, then touched his face as his emotion swirled deep down in his chest.