17. Incoming Snowstorm

Thunderstorms resonated in the dark skies that feared every critters and places in Xianyang. As the time galloped the day, pitter patters of raindrops showered the city. The news of the massacre happened in the Chen household scattered throughout the city, making the nearby citizens feared the certain phenomenon. Thanks to the General and to the only Chen who engaged in battle, Min Zhe, no one was hurt inside. As the one who caused such mess, Minister Steward Liu was outraged for the failure of his plan.

"Useless! Totally useless!" the Minister threw all the things to every corners of his room. The room was a mess, and the servants nearly peed their pants from fear. No one dared to provoke the Minister that was about to go insane. Who knows, they will end their life after they went in.

"Lady Mingmei has arrived!" The servant exclaimed, and they opened the door for her. The girl with an excessive make up that looked like a tortured ghost, robes with blindsiding colors of red, green, yellow and white. If one would look at her, then one could obviously tell that the girl looked like a Christmas geisha.

"Father! I don't want to marry an old man!" the brat shouted, she almost looked like his ugly father.

"Quiet! You cannot marry the General. Is that enough?!" the Minister shouted at her daughter, making her daughter flinched. But deep inside, she was rejoiced knowing her plan worked. Inside her head, who on Earth would want to marry an old man? In her insight, the General was old, and had a beard. For a girl who had high standards, the General doesn't suit her taste. She doesn't know, that that man he thought, was the most handsome man who lived in the Qin Dynasty.

"Get out this instant!" the father ordered, the daughter then hurriedly followed. As she went out, her ugly face showed a wide smile. She walked to the hallways of her house with pride and arrogance, her robes that almost looked like Christmas lights swayed in the air. Her twisted face looks even more twisted than before.

On the household, the General decided to stay with his 'wife' for two days. After the massacre happened, the General was unwilling to leave unless his 'wife' will go with him. Li Jie glared at the General, also, he felt helpless. He doesn't why the General was so obsessed of getting him that he really came here by his own. The General will wait for Li Jie's brothers to come and tell them personally about Li Jie as his wife, temporarily. Just after the case will be finished, then he can let the man go.

Right now, Delun sat in Li Jie's bed and scanned every corners of the room. He observed how neat the room's condition, so unlikely to the owner. He also observed how feminine this room was. Of course he could tell, especially when his eyes landed on the table full of cosmetics and colorful hairpins. Not just that, the dress that Li Jie wore was feminine too. His robes were sky blue colored, with a floral design on the sleeve. These robes are worn only for women, but with Li Jie everything is possible because of his features. Even if he wears a rag, his beauty will only be revealed even more.

"Ahem!" the sweet voice with a hint of annoyance echoed on the General's ears. He then looked at the beautiful young man who was carrying a bowl of congee standing on the room's door. He doesn't know why, there was an ache deep down in his heart that he cannot explain. Then he brushed it off and gave the young man a smile. A smile that could melt ladies' hearts.

'Why is he looking at me like that? Creepy.' To all the people that the General met, Li Jie is the only one who thought his smile was creepy, the same as Lim Hao and all his guards.

"Eat." He ordered, the General then smiled even wider when Li Jie gave him his meal. As he went closer, the General's handsomeness reflected on his heterochromia orbs. Later, his heart reacted again.

'Damn it. My hypertension is on it again!' Li Jie thought as he clutched his chest. He lowered his face avoiding the General's gaze, afraid to find out that his cheeks were as red as crimson and hot as chili pepper. He didn't know that this is the symptoms of hypertension. And, this time he really hated the feeling.