10. Sneaking In The Night

"But Li Jie, being in the medical field will be too tiring for you. Treating patients are just like you're going on a war." Jin Ping said, no expression have been shown on his face. But if you could distinguish it by immersing one's self to his emotions, one could tell that he was worried and his eyes shone deliriously.

Being with his brother for so many years, of course Jin Ping would worry sick. His little brother is weak, had a petite body, pale, and had a low immune system. One sneeze and he could catch a cold, one push and his body would break. That's why his overprotectiveness was way beyond normal than anyone.

"Brother, I'm not that weak as you thought I would be. Look! I even survived even when I got lost! Brother, I know that you were worried about me. But, I'm not a little kid anymore. One day, I will live with my own life when you all got your own family. At least, I have my own occupation and I can live my life to support myself!" Li Jie said with his eyes full of determination. Jin Ping could only sigh and pursed his lips, afraid to reject his younger brother or he will cry if he disagreed.

"A-jie, why did you choose to be a doctor? There are so many things that you could possibly do, but why do you want to be a doctor?" Cheung Chao asked softly, not showing any signs of opposition. His heart could not agree to Li Jie's decision but he can't make his brother upset.

'Why would I leave my little brother?! If that's the case then I will not marry at all!' he thought.

"I want to help people. I want to cure and help those people who are in need. If possible, I want my own clinic when I have enough money to earn. I will help my brothers! I will not going to let my brothers sick!" This time, Li Jie set his goal into his one deep thought. He wanted to protect his brothers. Seeing them getting hurt, he couldn't bear it. Besides, they should consider marrying now since they came up to right age of marrying. He doesn't want to be the reason why his brothers grew up to be single old dogs.

"Ahem! He has a point. If that is what Li Jie wants then this brother of yours will support you wholeheartedly." Tu Fai couldn't hide the happiness within those eyes and mirthfully dragged him to the kitchen. The remaining brothers fell silent and sighed heavily.

They followed the two from the kitchen and chatted happily while eating supper. The night was harmonious for the brothers' get-together, until their youngest brother spoke something that made their mouths shut.

"When will you all get married?" Li Jie asked innocently while looking at his brothers with a wide smile on his face. Jin Ping, who was quietly munching his noodles, instantaneously dropped his chopsticks with a noodle hanging on his lips. Tu Fai cleared his throat bashfully and immediately spoke to their lovely little brother.

"Jie Jie, why do you ask?"

"It's just that, the other masters have a lovely wives when they came in the same age as you all, but my brothers doesn't have one. You all don't have a certain lady to fancy with?" Li Jie asked, his muffled sounds and puffy cheeks made him looked like a chipmunk eating acorn. The brothers couldn't find a way on how to answer such question. It's not that they wanted to live alone. It was because this brothers of him was a coward in love.

They could still remember how their father abandoned their mother for another woman who came from a prestige family, leaving their mother perished and filled with agony. Li Jie was just so little at that time, he was innocent and doesn't have any idea of what was happening in the outside world. Unlike his brothers, they all witnessed how their father ruthlessly left the family. Their mother almost went insane and neglected all her children, including the puny little baby in the cradle. After a year, their mother died with regret of why she didn't care of the innocent child who was always resting on Cheung Chao's arms. She cried and asked all her sons to take good care of the youngest son of the family before he released her last breath.