50. Heartfelt Confession

Chang Bao said all the words that Minister Liu told him. His mood wasn't very good at all. It would seemed like the winter had come by in the middle of the summer. Emperor Wang Yong sighed as he tend to calm down Chang Bao's mind, but it ended up to no avail.

"He even said he'd torture my brother! Just how can I calm down? I can only calm down after I kill him first! And guess what? He even said that my brother disfigured his daughter! Am I that foolish to believe him?! My brother wouldn't hurt an ant! Not even a tiny single ant!..."

"Calm down, here have a fresh water to clear the head." The Emperor handed Chang Bao a glass of water and gulped it in one go. However, the furious royal guard was restless and seems to want to destroy the world.

The Emperor knew how stubborn this royal guard of his and wouldn't stop until he gets what he wants. So, the Emperor had a migraine.

"Don't be foolish. Just stay on the que and sooner or later we're going to take him down, together with the tumors in the palace. Don't worry about your brother, he have his husband on his side. Delun will protect Li Jie and will be safe through his care." The Emperor said while Chang Bao just snorted and eventually scoffed.

"Pour this again." Chang Bao ordered. Wang Yong stared at him in disbelief and said helplessly, "You know that I'm the Emperor right?"

"So what? Back then, you're still the guy who cried when I throw you the earthworm I caught in the royal backyard." The Emperor was deeply enraged that he stomped through the pitcher and aggressively handed him a glass of water.

"Hope you choke." The Emperor said as a tip.

Chang Bao just rolled his eyes and poured all the water to his mouth.
.
.
.
.
When Chang Bao returned, the Emperor immediately called for a meeting. The people who were involved in the plan came on time and saluted him. Delun was taken aback when he saw Chang Bao behind the Emperor, same with Chen Guang, who almost had the same face with the royal guard.

Then, they realized, the atmosphere was so awkward that no one wanted to speak. The Emperor sighed helplessly and took the opportunity to break the silence.

"As what you can see, Chang Bao was the undercover I sent from the enemy's base. Sorry when Zhèn did not informed you earlier." The Emperor said at Chen Guang. Chen Guang was surprised and looked at Chang Bao who alienated his father. Chen Guang was worried when he heard that, but he couldn't act like what he wanted since his child didn't even want to worry about him.

Chen Guang smiled but not a smile, "It's okay Your Majesty, I can definitely tell that everything has a reason." He took a glance at him again, but he wouldn't even look at him. Chen Guang was hurt, but he didn't show it outside.

Delun just glanced at him and looked away. The Emperor twitched his brow when he noticed Delun's reaction. Just what on Earth did they fighting about that they bore deep grudge between them? He just couldn't figured it out.

"Minister Liu had said that aside from the wealth that was hidden inside that treasury, there was also another 'thing' Minister Liu was after. However, he didn't mentioned that 'thing' when he stated the plan. We knew that he couldn't go to that place without the key of the sacred treasury." The Emperor explained and took out the shiny imperial jade pendant and placed it on the table.

"We couldn't bear to sit any longer. As what Zhèn said, we should stick to the plan and let him enjoy what he have when he has a chance. Such a naive fucker." Oh my, the Emperor cursed. Delun cleared his throat and said lightly, "Your Majesty, your image..."

The Emperor didn't noticed that he just unleashed his anger just now and cleared his throat in embarrassment.

"Also, I'm afraid that Mrs. Feng was also being targeted by Minister Liu. So Delun, your job right now is to protect your wife."