46. Almost Recognized

Seeing the black figure ran away from the crime, Wei Haoxuan was more than astonished from what he had saw. That innocent face, looking at Delun with awe and love was just like this person. It was a deep contrast from what he had known from Li Jie's personality, which makes it one of his impeccable flaws. He waited until Li Jie was far enough from his distance. Once Li Jie's silhouette was nowhere to be seen, he got out from his hiding spot and stretched his arms. He sighed and lifted his chin by his left hand while his other hand crossed his body.

“The Young Madame sure is fierce though he was like a rabbit. No wonder why the General got his attention.” Haoxuan chuckled and found the situation amusing. Instead of going from his family’s manor, he still remained in the Liu manor stealthily sneaking from the corner to watch the show. Then, he found himself on the roof. He took one of the bricks sneakily leaving a small patch of hole enough for him to see.

Inside, Mingmei cried in pain and hatred after losing her tongue. Minister Liu was enraged by that one person and wished he should just die. That person harmed his daughter to the point that he cut her tongue which makes her unable to speak for the rest of her life. If he knew that this would happen, he would've killed him directly. However, how many times he tried to assassinate him, the results still the same. He never thought that he was that kind of person. He never thought that Li Jie was more than a psychopath good enough to cut her daughter’s tongue. No matter what he'd do, he couldn’t won such person.

He regretted it. He regretted it all. But he just hated that General so much for winning the favor of the Emperor and hated him that he was far above him. But now, he hated that Li Jie the most.

Mingmei sobbed, her disdainful face full of cosmetics were washed away from the tears. Minister Liu hugged her daughter as his eyes glinted with the shade of the cold.

“I swear, Dad will take revenge for you.” He uttered angrily. Haoxuan, who saw this scene felt irritated and sympathetic as well. He shouldn’t have messed with the wrong person. Now, his deeds backlashed, and he reaped what he had sown.

‘Tsk, he's not aware that he's being tricked?’ He thought. Well, he spied from the enemy’s base so of course he observed the people that worked in this place. As an Empress, Wei Haoxuan recognized the palace servants' faces as they served in the palace more often. But, he saw just now that he recognized some of the faces. He observed, they were really spying the Minister as they disguised themselves as workers this place.

‘How interesting.’ He thought. Did his beloved husband the Emperor ordered them to spy the enemy’s base? If so, he will reward his husband tonight.

Haoxuan sighed and went home. He still needs to seduce his husband.

.

.

.

.

Li Jie ran all the way to the Wei manor. As he was about to go inside, he inspected the hallways first before he make a move. ‘Better safe than sorry.’ He thought.

When he inspected that no one was up at this hour, Li Jie hurriedly went to his room to avoid exposing himself. However, due to his carelessness, he was discovered by his brother Min Zhe who was waiting in his room. Li Jie trembled as he saw the silhouette of his brother sitting in the chair. He was crossing his arms and legs. Now he looked like a young mistress of a certain aristocrat. Min Zhe furrowed his brows in anticipation as he eyed the figure in front of him.

He saw the black figure lowered his head, obviously avoiding his stares. Min Zhe was really worried when he went to his brothers room and discovered that Li Jie went missing. Where is he? Is he being kidnapped? Min Zhe’s questions revolved inside his head. He sat in the chair and gave himself a brief sigh.

“I should inform the others.” He thought as he was about to tell his brothers about Li Jie's disappearance when he heard footsteps coming from the door.

Min Zhe was a guard under the General’s commands. It was very clear that he was acknowledged from his skills and talents. One of the skills he had was keen to eyesight and sensitivity to sounds. It was pretty easy for him to determine what or which sound it was, and he could easily spot even the slightest sound around him. His eyesight was very sharp, he could clearly see what's inside the dark. Min Zhe sensed that the person wore all black and a veil on his face. Too bad, he couldn't see the infiltrator's eyes.

When he heard it, he chose to stay in the room and waited for that person to enter. He sat in the chair and coldly waiting for him.

The lamp wasn’t lit so the entire room was dark. Only glimpses of two dark figures were in the room. Li Jie cursed himself for being careless, he should have checked the inside first before going in. Li Jie thought he was dead, and he shook terribly. Min Zhe didn’t saw Li Jie's face because of the darkness, he could only saw the black silhouette of that infiltrator. Min Zhe sneered clenched his fist. If this infiltrator was involved of kidnapping his brother, he'll be dead before going out of the room.

“Who are you?” Min Zhe asked coldly. Li Jie was stunned and pursed his lips nervously. He gulped, somewhat thinking that he was lucky. His brother didn’t recognized him.

He was thankful that the lamp wasn’t lit up, or he would be dead for sure. He was thankful that he was wearing black or else, his brother will notice him completely. And of course, thanks to his veil that covered half of his face added up to the disguise and seemed unrecognizable. He quickly lowered his head to avoid exposing his heterochromia eyes.

‘Thank God.’ He thought even though he was an atheist. He thought that he'll die again once he was being discovered. He already died once, now he almost died from his carelessness.

Come to think of it, did he died once because of the same reason? Now that he realized, he had an urge to slap himself.

He was thankful that he still had a chance to live.