15. Chen Household Is Under Attack

It was late in the evening when Min Zhe arrived home from his job. His body trembled from the numbness and his head felt heavy.
The people in the household was already sleeping and thus, Min Zhe quietly went back to his room.

Ever since he took his journey home, Min Zhe cannot focus his entire thought until he arrived. His mood crestfallen, and his mindset was making a ruckus.

His brother was going to be married with the General, just because of his stupid mistake. If he didn't aroused his stupidity to himself, then maybe their youngest brother maybe laughing with no disharmony every time.

He closed his room's door and leaned against it, a tick of seconds and he glided his body to the door. His agony and guilt rippled down to his spine and he felt helpless. Because, even if he opposed, he could not change the fact that his brother was still the concubine of the General. Even if he let his brother run away, the General will always hunt him down.

He covered his face with both of his palms, his breath shaken and he doesn't know what to do. Even so, how could their brothers forgive him? He started this mess, and now he could not help but to blame himself for the stupidness he had done.

He cannot even trust that General for he have witnessed how he inhumanly humiliated his concubines before and tossed them like trash. Thinking about his brother ending up in the same way, Min Zhe clenched his fist with frustration. He wanted to punish himself for being senseless.

His messy thoughts jolted when he heard a knock from the door. "Da ge, are you there?"

The sweet voice coming from the outside of his room rang to Min Zhe's ears. The sweet voice of his younger brother can melt anyone's heart. Min Zhe took a deep breath and smiled sweetly, a smile that could be deceiving. In his face shown that he was happy, but no one knew how he felt grieved inside.

He opened the door and looked at the beautiful young man standing in front him. Right now, Li Jie wore a plain white hanfu reflecting his stunning beauty, Min Zhe smiled faintly as he saw his younger brother. He hid his sadness deep inside and grinned at his younger brother, showing his white teeth.

"A-jie, it's late. You should sleep now." Min Zhe drawled, petting Li Jie's hair. The younger one smiled at his older brother and shook his head.

"No. Brother needs to eat. You should eat first and take a bath. Then you should sleep after." Li Jie reprimanded as he dragged his brother to the dinner table. Min Zhe inwardly sighed and let himself being dragged by his younger brother. Min Zhe wondered, does his brother waited for him to come home? He asked to himself.

"Here, I know that you will come home tonight so I left you a share. Hua ge was tired so he rested first. I waited for you until you come home." Li Jie muttered as he served food to his older brother. His brother chuckled upon how Li Jie acted. He was way more different before. Before, he will only nod silently and smiled sweetly, not saying even a single word. 'Li Jie' was shy, and he gets flustered so easily. But now, Li Jie went bolder and acted like a mother.

He liked this Li Jie now. He could finally express his thoughts freely. However, seeing his younger brother being hurt, he couldn't stand it. He wished he was stronger, so he could protect his younger brother without receiving any help from other people.

But how? Their family was ordinary, he was not a highly official but a lowly guard. Their income could only fit to their living expenses and unlike those filthy rich people, they were nothing compared to them.

Min She lowered his head and stared at the food. He let his hair hide his face as he ate his food.

He could not help it. He felt pained deep inside. His chopsticks shaken and Li Jie noticed it. He hurriedly dashed to his older brother and lifted up his long hair that hides his face and was taken aback when he saw his brother's expression.