Chapter 1

" Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4 "

LUKE|

" Why did you let it happen God?! Out of all people, why did it have to hit me?! Did I not obey you everytime?... Answer me! Oh Lord! "

Hopeless.

A word that describes my whole life right now.

At one moment I had everything and then I lost it all, in an instant...

My mom left the world, when I was just 10 and 5 years later, I lost my father in a war.

I miss them. A lot.

I grew up in a Christian household. We would go to church on sundays, say our prayers every night and try not to sin as much...

I don't know why I have to go through all this pain. I did everything you asked me to do God.

Now, I lost the only person who meant the world to me. The person I loved the most and with whom I planned my future with...

Julia.

It hurts.

...

Beep. Beep.

The strong scent of antiseptics stinging my nostrils and loud electronic noises, make me guess that I'm at the hospital right now.

I'm alive?

My eye lids feel heavy and a sudden pain surrounds my whole body as I try to move. This hurts more than the years of physical training I've done in the military.

"Mr. Reeves?" I hear a female voice call for me. "Can you hear me?"

How is it possible?...Why did I not die?

I forcefully open my eyes and spot a nurse smiling at me. Next to her is a young male doctor, who's checking me out.

Great. I really did survive.

"Why am I here?" I ask as I try to sit up right.

"Careful, Mr. Reeves." The nurse helps me sit and I thank her. My body is covered with bandages and tubes.

"Are you alright, Mr. Reeves?" The doctor asks me, instead of answering my question.

"Yes." I shortly reply.

"Do you feel any pain?" He continues to ask.

"No. Why am I here?" I try again as he stares at me.

He seems surprised for the fact that I didn't ask Who I am. "Do you remember anything before everything went dark, Mr. Reeves?"

I'm done with all these questions.

I breathe deep in and try to stay patient. "Yes. I remember driving way too fast in a rainy night and then crashing into a tree. And I know that I am Luke Reeves."

The night I caught Julia with my best friend... I still remember her teary face and apologising words to me as I drove away.

He nods and whispers something to the nurse. "He doesn't seem to have Amnesia. Write that down, please."

I stare at the window and breath deep in.

"How did I get here?"

The doctor finally turns his attention back to me and smiles. "You were found by a driver right on time. Her name is Abigail Page. She will be here in a few hours."