Chapter 8

"Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage."
- Psalm 27:14

LUKE|

I have my ups and downs, but the good always shines brighter than the darkness itself.

My last week was great so far. I got to spend more time with the Paige family and I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like I found a will to go on with life.

They became my motivation.

Right now, I'm getting ready for church day. I've been told to join them, even if I dont think much about listening to gospels. But this family looks forward to it leaving me no choice than to tag along.

I'm wearing a formal attire, which I got from Mr. Paige. I look like I'm attending an important conference or wedding.

I do admit, I don't look so bad.

Walking out from my room, I get greeted by Mrs. Paige. "You look very handsome, Luke. The suit was made for you."

She reminds me so much of mom.

I can't help but smile back as I stand beside her. "Thank you. You look very elegant and it makes heads turn Mrs. Paige."

I'm not lying either. She looks like an older version of Abigail in a light blue dress that goes until her ankles.

She blushes and gently touches my bicep. "Oh what a charmer you are!~" She laughs.

Asher walks down in a suit himself, giving me a smile. "What do you think?"

"Handsome as always." His mother grins.

I lift my eyebrows up. "You look like my younger version."

"I know right! We look like brothers!" His smile is about to reach his ears, making me laugh.

Yep, we get a long very well despite the huge age gap.

Mr Paige appears before us with a suit himself and smiles as he gives off compliments to each on of us. "Are we all ready?"

"Not yet!" We hear Abigail say from upstairs. She then storms out of her room and fixes her dress as she carefully takes steps down.

Wow...

I've seen Julia and many women in dresses, heck it always knocked me down whenever they wore one!

But I've never seen Abigail wear one, so seeing her now is somewhat special. She'd usually wear a formal polo shirts and a pair of jeans.

Right now, she outshines everyone of us in this room with her simple modest babypink flower skirt that reaches until her ankles and a white soft blouse, which is arms are folded to her elbows. Her hair is usually straight and silky, right now they're softly waved.

She catches me staring and hastily avoid my gaze, yet I can't can't it but stare at her.

"Ready now." She quietly mumbles as she smiles at her family.

"Gorgeous!" Her mother compliments her as well as her father.

Her cheeks are so rosy and the slight mascara really makes her light green eyes pop like diamonds.

Just... stunning!

Asher thankfully nudges my arm, causing me to clear my throat and smile at her. "You're incredible-"

She blushes and I notice the stares I receive from her family, making me hastily add "Looking." In my sentence.

"Thank you." She grins, making me smile back.