Chapter 17

" When the time is right, I, the Lord, Will make it happen "
- Isiah 60:22

ABIGAIL|

"I'm nervous." I mutter to myself as I stare at my clothes.

I'm wearing a simple black plain pair of jeans combined red sleeves. I managed to get my makeup done and wavy hair in time.

"You look wonderful, my dear." My mom leans on my doorframe as she checks me out.

"Thank you, mommy." I smile as I pull her into a hug.

"Make sure you give this to Mrs. And Mr. Reeves with our blessings." My mom hands me a basket and I take it.

Luke invited me to pay a visit to his grandparents. I didn't want to miss the chance as he barely talks about himself, so I agreed to go with him.

He appears before me in his military outfit, causing me to gulp. His stern but attractive face suits the uniform he is wearing. I'd lie if I didn't say I like the way he looks like. I don't know but here's something inside Luke that makes him incredibly attractive.

"You're beautiful." He smiles as he takes the basket from my hands and locks his other hand to mine.

"Thank you. You look handsome." I reply as he grins.

"Thanks."

"You always say that you know?" I smile as we walk towards his car.

"Because you are." He simply replies as he opens the door for me.

And just like that he makes my heart race faster.

On our way to his grandparents home, I felt like my heart was about to jump out of excitement. Whenever I'm around Luke I feel so nervous and yet so calm at the same time.

He's been talking about his childhood spending time there for the first time. It surprised me how he suddenly brought up that topic when he usually doesn't like talking about it.

He said he used to cause his grandparents a lot of trouble, especially when he was a teenager. He'd get into a lot of trouble outside or in school, making them find ways to discipline him.

We arrive in a more country side place, where there are no neighbors around. He parks his car next to a huge beige home surrounded by nature.

"Ready?" He asks as he opens my door.

"Yeah."

It looks like there's a farm behind the fences from his home.

He knocks on the door and it gets swung open in an instant. An elderly woman stares at him for a while and her tears filled up with tears. "Liam?"

He looks hurt but smiles anyways. "No, Luke."

"Oh Luke! Oh my boy!" She cries.

She's a tiny, fragile and yet seems like a very strong woman. Her hands look hard working.

"I'm back home, Grammy." He tightly hugs her as she cries in his arms.

"Where have you been, my son? So long gone! You look just like your father. I thought he came back."

Oh so Liam was his father's name...

After a while she wipes her tears and stares at me with a smile. "Who may this gorgeous woman be?"

Luke gently takes me by the hand as he presents me before her. "Abigail Page. I've wanted to introduce her to you all for a long time now."

I don't know why but that made me blush hard, especially as she clapped her hands together staring at me with a welcoming look.