Chapter 20

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward
from Him." - Psalms 127:3

5 years later

ABIGAIL|

The years have passed by so fast, I couldn't even count my blessings.

Today my 19 year old brother Asher is coming back from college, along with his girlfriend Emily.

I'm helping my parents prepare a celebration with the help of Merry and Hayes.

"Dylan! Stop running!" My best friend warns her 4 year old son, who almost bumped into her as she's carrying a tray of brownies.

"Liam, Liam-" Dylan calls for my son, who's following behind.

"Careful now." I warn my child as well as he grins.

Luke's father was named Liam and so we thought we'd give it to our first born.

"Mommy." He wanted to reach out for me, but his best friend grabbed him by the hand and lead him away.

They are just one year apart but act like twins. Dylan looks more like Merry, while Liam looks more like his father Luke.

"Adorable!" Merry and I fan girl together.

"Yelling out loud, are you?" Hayes laughs as he walks past us.

"He got it from you!" She barks back, causing us to laugh.

My mother come out from the garden. "Where are the little ones?"

"Living room."

"Oh, come here little boys! Granny wants to play!" We laugh at my mother who's already hurrying towards them.

Luke appears behind me and gently touches my baby bump. "How are my loves doing?"

I love it when he does that.

I get all mushy and smile as I kiss his cheek. "We're doing just fine. Aren't you heading out with Hayes to the supermarket?"

He shrugs as he stares at the couple beside us, playing around. "Figured we could spend some time together too?"

"Okay." I smile. "Mom, we're going to shop some ingredients. Can we leave Liam here for a while?"

"Of course!" We hear her say as the children giggle with her.

~•~•~•~

LUKE|

I'm walking hand in hand with my love of my life. My life couldn't be any better.

We have a home, a work, a caring and supportive family, a wonderful son and another child on the way.

What else could I ever wish for?

"Love, I have to grab some napkins for Liam. Wait here alright? I don't want you carry those heavy bags for longer." Abigail was about to leave.

Caring.

"Shouldn't you be waiting?" I smile as she shyly looks away.

"Alright. I also wanted to see the donuts here..." She murmurs, causing me to laugh.

Cute. She's in her 2nd trimester, the time where she craves a lot.

"Okay, go ahead with our child. Call me when you found something. I'll carry it for you." She kisses my cheek and walks ahead.

She's beautiful.

As I'm waiting in the parking lot, I meet the most unexpected person.