Chapter 9

"It's the hard-working farmer
who ought to have the first share of the crops." 2 Timothy 2:6

ABIGAIL|

"The business is going splendid so far. We're getting more costumers everyday, so props to us." Our manager joked, then shook her head as we keep silent. "I really wished you had a proper solution to all this... mess we're in. Our business is stuck with taxes and there's a lot of competitive people out there trying to out work us. We seriously need to come up with a new idea that has never been invented yet."

We've been having seminary for almost every week now, due to the state we're in. It's hard to come up with something outstanding and unique these days, like everything has already been invented. I don't know what product we could offer to increase our financial state, cash flow and name in general.

When does this finally end I wonder? It's been an hour since she's been nagging at us.

She breathes deep in as she looks at each one of us in the eyes, before packing her things together. "Seminary is over for today. We'll see each other next week again and by then I hope you have come up with some products."

In a week huh?  I wonder if that's enough time for us...

Eventually my colleagues and I are left alone in the room. Some decided to take their leave us well, others silently talk to their sitting partners. There's a tension around this room.

I perceive stares coming from Hayes Dunn opposite me. He's a handsome man with a charming personality.  His dark hair matches his grey eyes, his knowledge about cert topics He makes one wonder how intelligent one can be and his body shape shows that he knows how how manage time and gym. He is known for being almost every woman's crush in this business, yet he never really approached anyone or asked them out. I've known him for almost a year now and I'd lie if I'd say he never made my heart flutter atleast once.

Just act normal.

I smile back at him and pretend to stare at my notes. My hands slightly shake on their own as I feel the chair getting moved beside me.

His scent.

"You seem troubled, Abigail. Is everything alright?" Hayes loos concerned as he leans closer, causing me to back away a little and flush.

He's too close.

"I-I am just lost in thought. A-About the task we were given..." I mindlessly blabber.

His face is just as attractive as his raspy voice, leaving my mind blank and admire his presence. Out of all people, he choose to talk to me.

Abigail! He's just a simple man!

He smiles. "If you need someone to talk to, you can always come to me. We can figure out a solution together."

He's too kind.

"Sure. Thank you." I thought he would leave after I've thanked him, but he turned around as if he wanted to tell me something.

Huh?

"You can also just come to me when you feel like having a time out. We could get a cup of coffee, if you'd like. It's on me." He flashes his perfect smile once again.

I-Is this an invitation? A date? I've never been in one since high school.

I nod and try my best to hide the emotions inside me with a smile. "T-Thank you."