Chapter 13

"When we focus loving each other, there's less time for temptation."
- 1 Corinthians 7:2-5

ABIGAIL|

I have never been so close to Luke than I am today. Although he moved away from our home and is now living next to us, we still stay in touch. He would come over as my parents always calls him for dinner or when we have church day.

And even so, he often comes to meet me. He makes me feel special.

Merry and Hayes have announced that they are officially dating now. Darcy Lowland and the rest of the girls, weren't amused of course as Merry managed to snatch their heartthrob crush away.

Either way, the two are hard to seperate from one another now.

"I love you." I hear Hayes mutter to Merry, who is sitting beside me.

"I love you more." She counters.

"Impossible." He chuckles as he leans closer to kiss her.

She blushes as he winks, acting as if it were not serious before leaving the room.

She squeals beside me, making me join her. "He's so so good to me! Urgh!"

"I saw that." I laugh. "I'm happy for you."

She smiles and squeezes my hand. "Awww thank you. How are things going for you and Luke?"

This time I blush. "Everything is alright."

She slyly smirks at me. "Did he ask you out yet?"

I shake my head, causing her to frown.

"Why not? He obviously likes you and you like him."

Do I?!

Maybe...

I can't help but smile. "He's just being respectful."

"Or waiting for his timing." She adds.

"That could also be why."

"Either way, I hope it happens fast so we can have a double date!" She squeals again.

Well that is not a bad idea! Luke and Hayes are in good terms now and act like best friends too.

"Agreed!"

~•~•~•~

Our manager stares at us as she inhales deep in. "Those ideas are all great but not enough to convince people in spending money. We need a deeper detail."

"How about we invent a safe website where we manage people's money?" One suggests in the back row.

"That's not very original, now is it?" Darcy comments, making others mumble and agree.

I shouldn't be judging, but I hate it when she does that.

"Not bad, Mr. Karr. But as Ms. Lowland pointed out, that wouldn't help much as there are other companies who have invented that already and are now steps ahead of us as they are surely growing." The manager explains.

Some bought up cute ideas such as fundraising or dog walking  business. All declined by the manager.

What are new ideas? Everything  has been discovered or already innovated.

As I rub my temples, I spot Luke knocking on the door before entering the room. He smiles at me then turns to look at our manager.

"Excuse me for interrupting, ma'am. May I take the trash bins?" He asks and she nods.