Chapter 12

"Because of your faith, it will happen." - Matthew 9:29

LUKE|

I've been working for a week now at Abigail's company. It's a job I wouldn't recommend doing, but the salary is good as hell. All I do are sort the boxes, seperate the waste, lock the doors, clean the office rooms and restrooms.

However, people in higher positions give you a look that makes you want to lose your job by poking their eyes out and going to jail. It's not like I can manage their job, but if they knew what job I had before this one, they'd treat me differently for sure.

What sucks more is that office workers know you're a janitor, due to the dark blue jumpsuit.

But besides the down sides, there are good sides as well.

I get to spend time with Abigail during my break time and see her work in the office, whenever I pass by her room.

It drives me crazy how sexy she looks like when she's focused working on her desk. It makes me envy her working colleagues who get to sit beside her.

Although I despise the way Hayes Dunn is way too close to her and keeps her company, I can understand why he would love spending time with her. It aches my heart not being in his position next to her, right now.

Speaking of Hayes...

I clench my teeth together as I spot Hayes leaning behind her seat to whisper something into her ears, causing her to giggle.

I wonder what the hell he said to make her giggle like that.

It makes me... furious.

Wait. What would Jorge tell me if he were here?

"Breath, Luke. It's alright, man. They are just good colleagues."

Just when I calmed myself down a little, he does it again.

Son of a -

"Excuse me." I barged into their conversation with an unintentional hoarse voice, causing him to look me in the eye.

Dammit! I didn't want to be so obvious. Nevermind.

"Luke!" Abigail flinched and drops her smile. She looks frightened by my sudden appearance.

As she should be.

We may not be a couple, but I like her... a lot.

Seeing her around with another man makes me angry.

"Can we help you?" Hayes Dunn tries to play innocent, but he knows damn sure why I'm here.

I know so as he tries to keep the tension cool between us, since his colleagues are staring at us or mainly, at me suddenly entering a room of professionals.

I breath deep in and stare at Abigail, who's eyes averted mine. She nervously tugs on her sleeves as she remains quiet. It seems like she doesn't want me to cause a scene as it might affect the vibe inside this room.

I understand. But...

Why does it always piss me off!?

"You are in the way." I clench my fist together as Dunn finally understood, what I meant. His blue-grey eyes remain on me for a while.

Those words were my warning for him with a hidden message.

"You are in the way, get lost."