Chapter 11

" "For I have plans for you", declares the Lord, "Plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." " - Jeremiah 29:11

LUKE|

I can't help but think about her 24/7. We live together in the same flat, see each other almost everyday, yet not being by her side causes a sting around my chest. It sounds crazy but she knows how to pull me.

It wasn't long ago, when I almost took my own life. Desperate, barren and sunk into deep agony. My life wasn't even worth to me anymore. I was sure I am going to die...

Then out of no where, she stood before with her arms stretched out. It was as if she knew me long ago and heard my cries.

I don't want to believe in a miracle, but she is a living proof to me that miracles do exist in the most unexpectedway.

I love her smile, it makes me want to protect her at all costs.

I love the way her eyes shine whenever she talks to me.

I love the way she dresses. She only wear modest clothing that isn't meant to impress anybody, but it does to me.

I love her little laughter, when I tell her silly jokes.

There's so much I love about her, that it frightens me the more I think about it.

Will she return the feeling back to me?...

"What are you smiling all widely?" Jorge has a smug grin on as I turn to look at him.

Am I?

"My cash." I joke and he laughs averting his eyes.

"Yeah yeah. I'm guessing you're head over heels with tu amada."

He knows. No need to back away for nothing.

"Alright you got me." I grin.

"Make sure to do work well while drifting away with your thoughts, Luke." He shakes his head in amusement.

"No worries. She's my motivation to everything." I exclaim.

In the afternoon Mr. Vasquez gave me a flyer from Mr. Paige, who left after handing the paper. He didn't want to disturb me and couldn't wait as he had to work as well.

The company is looking for a janitor. They good money and I didn't want to miss the chance. Especially when I read the companies name, I couldn't help but smile.

Thank you, Mr. Paige.

Now I'm driving towards the well-known building. I park the Toyota Corolla I have rented from a mechanic down town and pay for each mile every day. Since my car is under care I have to save up money and use this one for the meanwhile. My heart is pounding hard, I feel like I'm about about collapse.
Not out of fear, but excitement.

How would she react?

Shouldn't I have come?

Dammit. I'm over thinking again.
As I take my steps inside the luxurious and huge building, I perceive the stares from workers. Everyone looks formally dressed, while I'm wearing a baseball cap and simple street wear that is stained by the oil from the barn. I take my cap off and give the group of women a tight smile as they genuinely smile at me.

"Can we help you?" A pretty platin blonde woman approaches me. She looks pretty elegant.

I smile back. "Thank you. I was wondering, where I should go. I think I lost myself in the building." I take out the flyers and show it to her.