Chapter 18

"When I love you, I am loving me because we are one."
- Ephesians 5:28

LUKE|

I woke early in the morning, just to pay the church a visit. It's not Sunday yet, but I figured I have to say my prayers.

I didn't know how long it took me to acknowledge the goods in my life.

I have a steady job and don't have to worry about anything financially. 

I have met a family, who accepts me the way I am.

I have been released from the miserable agony in my life, when I met God.

What can I ever ask for more?

That's why, I want to thank God. For the very first time in my life, I do truly know there's someone up there, loving me dearly.

If He didn't love me, I would have died in war or in the car crash. Maybe survived either way, but ended up homeless and hopeless outside.

I walk inside the empty holy building and feel the warmth surround me.

It feels like home.

I remove my hat as I kneel before the cross, taking all the courage to pour my heart out.

"God, I have come to thank you. Thank you is not enough to return your blessings, but here I am only able to give you this much." I try to hold the tears back as I continue.

I've never cried this much in my life before, but whenever it comes to You I she'd tears like a lost child...

"I don't deserve Your mercy and love... Just like Abigail's hand in marriage. I pray for Your permission and guidance. Please allow me to succeed and make her my wife. I will do my very best to keep her safe and loved. If we are meant to be together, God and You sent her to me... I don't know how to thank you enough." I remain silent as I weep.

~•~•~•~

"Mr. and Mrs. Page, can I talk to you?"

I get invited in, knowing that Abigail is still at work. Everyone seems to be at home today, except her.

Good she's not around yet.

After sending my prayers at the church, I felt like He was beside me and gave me courage to finally stand my ground.

"You have been very good to me and I never got the chance to thank you enough." I look at each one of them in the eye as they smile.

"You really don't have to." Mrs. Page adds.

"We're always trying to help as much as possible, Son." Mr. Page assures me.

"I know that but still I wanted to thank you." I embarrassingly rub the back of my neck, as they laugh.

"Oh Luke! What a sweet and gentle man you are." Mrs. Page comments.

"Well, he's a very mannered man." Her husband remarks. "I like that."

Asher grins. "He learned it from me."

"I don't think so."  His father jokes, causing us to laugh.

"There's one more thing I've been holding for long." I mutter as they turn to look at me.

Mrs. Page smiles. "You can tell us anything, dear."

"I-I... I have fallen in love with your daughter."  I'm confused by the fact that they don't seem surprised at all.

"Finally!" Asher is the first to say something. "Welcome to the family, brother."