17-Lyla-Belle or Charles Jacob?

I was practically bouncing in my seat. Woman after woman had been called into the rooms behind us and came out happy, looking at tiny black and white scan pictures of there babies. I wanted to see my baby too.

"Love Calm down. They call you in soon." Marcus smiled and I just grabbed his hand.

"I finally get to find out the gender." I giggled. "I feel like I've been waiting forever."

"Its only been a couple minutes sweetheart. I'm sure it wont be much longer." I nodded as I watched a woman walk past crying. 

"I hope shes alright." I frowned as her partner wrapped his arm around her and they spoke quietly. 

"From what I can hear, they have sadly lost there child. She was only a few weeks along but she has sadly miscarried. This was there first scan." I frowned and he gave my hand a small squeeze. "The baby is fine. I can hear them." I nodded and leaned into him, making his kiss my head. He was wearing normal modern cloths and he hated it. I had forced him into some jeans and a t-shirt. It didn't suit him at all. I preferred him in his suit. 

"Miss Swan!" I looked up and got up. Marcus grabbed my hospital notes and we walked after the woman who showed us to a lightly lit white room. The machines sat agents the opposite wall and the medical bed right beside it. "I'll take those notes. Miss Swan why don't you get comfy and we'll have a look at the little one." I walked over to the bed and laid down lifting my shirt. I felt the baby wiggle and if I watched close enough I could see my skin shifting. 

"Is she a good size for how far she is?" Marcus asked.

"Shes a little bigger than normal woman at this point. I see a note that your regular midwife in California wishes for me to check for multiple births?" The woman asked and I nodded. "When you went to the sperm back for the IVF treatment do you remember how many eggs they put in you?" 

"5." I said and Marcus looked shocked. "There's only a 8% chance one would live."

"That's only a 40% chance of pregnancy?" He asked and I nodded. 

"I took vitamins a week before the treatment and took all the precautions after. I even took a week off right after I had it done. I knew I wouldn't be able to afford to try again so it was my only chance." I said and he looked confused again. "Marcus, its $15,000."

"Right are we ready?" I nodded happily and I laid back. She squeeze some of the strange gel onto my belly and used the probe thing to roll it around my belly. "Okay lets have a look." She pressed a button and I smiled as I saw my baby on the screen. Marcus grabbed my hand and I smiled. "Right lets have a little look and see if there's another." She rolled the probe around and I watched the blurs of black and white. "Hold on." She had smiled before tapping a button and I saw two little babies wiggling. "Congratulations. Its only one but its better than none."

"That is amazing." Marcus mumbled. 

"Would you like to know the genders?" I nodded happily and she tapped another button and rolled the probe over my belly. "Well it seems your having a little girl and a little boy." 

"Could you print off some photos?" Marcus asked now as happy as a child on sugar.

"Yes. The maximum we can print-"

"I'll give you $200 for 10 copies." Marcus said happily. The woman looked shocked and I giggled grabbing Marcus's hand. 

"Marcus. Your going over the top again." He looked at me and smiled. 

"Let me just go ask the head midwife." The woman said still a little surprised. Marcus just looked at the screen smiling. 

"I guess I can't complain about only having one baby now, huh?" Marcus chuckled and kissed my belly, after wiping the gel away. 

**********

We pulled up at the house where Bella was watching Dad teach Demetri how to flip a burger on the barbecue.

"Jamie? How did it go?" Bella smiled and I held out a small scan photo for her. Her smile fell and she looked confused. "Why am I looking at two blobs?"

"Those 'blobs' are Lyla-Belle and Charles Jacob Swan." I smiled pointing and Bella grinned turning to our dad.

"You owe me $20." Bella laughed while my dad pulled out his wallet.

"You was betting on what my child would be?" I asked raising an eyebrow at them.

"No I bet you'd have twins." Bella smiled. "I knew you'd have a girl and a boy." She grinned passing a scan photo to my dad.

"This is amazing. I'm beyond shocked but I'm so happy too." He chuckled kissing my head.

__________________________________________

If any information about IVF treatment is incorrect I apologise. This is what I got off Google.