11-Truths

We walked a little while before we stopped at a small garden. Sun shined down on us and Alec shined like a thousand diamonds. Huh...I thought they were meant to burn in sunlight.

"Its what we do in the sun." He said. He must have realised I was staring. "Most myths the humans say about us are just myths."

"Garlic?" I asked.

"It stinks but it does not harm us." He chuckled.

"Crosses?" I asked.

"I sometimes wonder who came up with that one. Why on earth would an inanimate object like a cross effect us?" He said. "Its ridicules."

"Steak through the heart?" I asked as we walked over to a small stone bench by a couple bushes of Roses.

"A human posing as a vampire maybe, but not us." He said. "The only way to kill us is to remove the head and burn the pieces. But our skin is so tough it would take something with extreme strength to remove our heads."

"I see." I said and we just sat there on a bench in silence.

"I know it seems like you're being forced into this. But if he could we all know Master Marcus would let you go. Let you live the life you always wanted. But there is only so much he can give you." Alec frowned. "And now you have met, if he was to let you go you would both feel that pain, not just master Marcus."

"I would give up my job. Stop seeing my father and mother. I mean I can always call them" He nodded. "But having a family? It's the only thing I ever. Ever since I was a little girl."

"Most female vampires crave for that. But none can have it." He sighed. "Most young turned wish to grow, even a little. I mean me and Jane would give anything to be a little older. I mean we're not even legal to drive." I couldn't help but smile at that.

"Why not just turn a child?" I asked.

"Immortal children are not allowed. Anyone under the age of 13 is not to be turned there blood lust is uncontrollable. Aro tried to give his wife a child and turned one over 2000 years ago. Me and Jane had only recently joined the Volturi. They tried for so long to help the child show restraint but it was useless. The child's age was frozen and couldn't change. It couldn't be taught. The child had to be destroyed. Suplica begged Aro to never allow a child to be turned again. It was too painful to see. So Aro made it a law that Immortal children were to never be made." He explained and I frowned.

"So there really is no way for me to have more children? I guess even adoption would be out of the question?" I frown.

"You would need to ask Master Marcus about it but again the child would have to be turned. Would you be able to go through that? Knowing your child would have to become a vampire?" I frowned. I couldn't. I could never put that on my child.

"What about my baby?" I asked.

"Sadly the same rule applies. We can not risk our exposure." Alec frowned.

"But if they are staying here they wouldn't be a risk. Everyone here already knows." I frowned and he shook his head.

"Then there's the risk they will be harms. Vampires aren't exactly gently when first turned. The fist couple of months they are named a newborn. The strength and speed is a lot more heightened. Its the time a vampire is the most powerful. The most blood thirsty." He said.

"There's so much I wanted to do with my life before it came to an end." I sigh.

"You make it sound as if your going to die." He smiled. "Why not make a bucket list?"

"A what?" I asked.

"A bucket list. Some who have been turned have done it before. A list of things they wanted to do before they where turned." He explained. "It can be anything. As long as you have Master Marcus's consent. I don't think he'll allow you to do anything too dangerous."

"Do you really think I'll be doing anything dangerous?" I asked gently patting my baby bump, making him chuckle.

"I suppose." He smiled. "We better get back before the Masters worry." I nodded and he held out his arm and I took it. We slowly walked back.

"Was Dracula a real vampire?" I asked making Alec chuckle.