26-The Seer and The Empathy

I woke up the next day to yelling. Marcus was gone and I sighed, sitting up. I grabbed my robe and slippers, before walking to where the noise was coming from. Soon I stood in the kitchen. All the human staff had ran out and I walked in seeing Demetri and Jasper at each others throats, while Alice was dry sobbing and Bella looked confused. 

"What the hell is all this noise!?" I yelled making all of them stop, looking over to me. "I can hear you on the other side of the castle. In my room." I hissed.

"I was making Bella food. I didn't mean too." Alice dry sobbed. I turned back to Bella, who held up her finger, that now had a plaster on. 

"And then what?" I asked. 

"Demetri pinned Jasper. Jasper fought back." Bella frowned. 

"Did Jasper attack first?" I asked and both girls shook there head. I grabbed an empty pan and hit Demetri on the head. "Calm down Demetri. It was a simple accident."

"A pan?" Bella asked. 

"I'm not stupid enough to hit him with my bare hand." I said. "Now I'm up I'd like food. Wheres nick?"

"He had the day off. His wife is sick." I frowned as i heard footsteps. 

"Was was all the noise?" I looked up see Jane. "Aro sent me. They were in the middle of a sentencing."

"Its been sorted now Jane." She looked to me and her eyes widened. 

"Mother, you'll get cold." She was by me in an instant. She took off her cloak and wrapped it around me. 

"Mother?" I heard Alice ask. "I didn't see that."

"You don't have to see anything to do with our mother!" Jane snapped and I smiled taking her hand. 

"Come on Jane. Alice is a guest. We be nice to guests." She mumbled something making me smile. "Come on. You can show me the way back to the bedroom." She nodded and we left after that. We arrived at the room quickly and I happily got dressed. I went against a dress today. I wanted to be comfy. 

Once I was dressed, Jane happily braided my hair, before taking me back down to the kitchen

Once I was dressed, Jane happily braided my hair, before taking me back down to the kitchen. Alice happily placed a plat in front of the empty seat. I sat down and ate. 

"I should get back. I'll tell Aro you sorted the issue." I nodded and Jane left, kissing my cheek. 

"So....'mother'?" Bella asked. I held up my hand, showing her my ring and her jaw fell. I smiled happy I could eat in silence.

"I apologise that our...disagreement, woke you." Jasper said lowering his head. 

"Don't worry about it. Id most likely would have gotten up soon anyway." I sighed. I looked to Bella who still seemed shocked. I frowned seeing something on her neck and turned to Demetri. "You got something to do with the mark on her neck?" He grinned as Bella's hand shot to her neck. "Please don't tell me I'm going to be an aunt."

"No!" Bella yelled. "We didn't-I mean- We haven't- You-" She stumbled over her words as I giggled. 

"Bella your almost 19. Whatever you do with you mate and boyfriend its your business. Just be careful." I smiled and she turned bright red before nodding.

"Thank you for you unneeded blessing." Demetri chuckled. I rolled my eyes as I finished my breakfast. 

"We need to go shopping for the Ball!" Alice said excitedly.

"Ball?" I asked. 

"Demetri said its an annual thing. Every year the Volturi hold a ball to celebrate another year for all vampire kind. Every vampire is invited." Bella explained, Demetri nodded in the back ground. 

"Its also to celebrate another year of the Volturi's rule." Jasper said. 

"That's why we need to go shopping. We need to find dresses. Its in one week." One week? Why didn't anyone tell me?

"Mother?" I looked up as Alec walked over. "Jane said there was an issue earlier so Marcus sent me to watch over you. Jane is needed in the throne room."

"Is she alright?" He nodded and I slowly got up. "Then you'll get to join us. Apparently we're going dress shopping."

"For the wedding?" He asked. 

"No the Annual ball." Demetri said. 

"The one no one told me about. I ha to hear about it from our guest." I said raising an eyebrow at him.

"Really? I was sure Marcus would have told you." He frowned. He turned to the others. "When was you planning on going?"

"Now!" Alice grinned excitedly. 

************

I had enough. We had drove for what felt like forever to Venice and Alice had dragged us around to several different shops. I was tempted to ask Alec to carry me. 

"Can we go home now?" I begged and Alice shook her head. 

"We still need to find you and Bella a dress." She frowned flicking through the rows and rows of dresses. 

"I have plenty of dresses. My feet hurt. I want to go-" I was cut off when she squealed happily pulling a dress off the wrack. She handed it to Bella. 

"Try it on." She demanded. Bella huffed and went to the changing rooms. "And here." She pulled a second off and handed it to me. 

"Promise me that we can leave and go home after." I said. 

"Of course." She smiled. Only then did I take the dress. I went to the changing room and tried it on. As much as I hated being dragged from shop to shop, the girl had style. I changed back into my cloths and walked out. 

"Lets go pay and we can go back." She took both dresses and went to the counter.