1-Home

I smiled as I got off the plane. I hadn't been home since I was offered a job Standford University, almost 5 years ago. I had graduated highschool a year early and was quickly offered a scholarship in Standford. I had done a teaching course and actually managed to complete the course with full marks within a year. Standford had been so impressed that they then offered me a job as a history teacher. Two years later I was promoted to assistant to the dean. Everything seemed amazing. Until I had gotten a call from my dad.

My dad had said my sisters depressed. My sister meant the world to me. I always saw her as a baby. We was always calling each other or sending letters. So I did the first thing I thought of. I brought plane tickets. Booked two weeks off and I shot to forks. The whole plane ride I wished the plan would go faster. But unfortunately that's not how planes work. My dad said that he would wait for me outside the entrance of the airport. So as soon as the plane landed I hurried out the airport and towards the police cruiser that sat there. My dad leaning ageist the drivers side looking around, waiting. He hadn't changed at all. He still had short straight dark brown hair. By the looks of it he still has no interest in fashion, and prefers to wear his regular jeans and shirts on a daily basis. He still had his mustache which made me want to laugh. As a kid I had tried to cut it off when he was asleep but he woke up and told me he wanted to keep it so his lip didn't get cold. I smiled as he spotted me, walking over. His mouth dropped open. Well that was to be expected. Maybe I should have mentioned. I'm 4 months pregnant.

"Jamie?" I smiled as my dad looked me up and down. "You're...um..."

"The word your looking for is pregnant. And yes. I am. Only 4 months though. The midwife back in California says I'm carrying in my front. Or its twins." I smiled rubbing the small but noticeable baby bump.

"Jamie? Why on earth didn't you tell me?" He asked hurrying over to take my bags off me. "I mean whos the father? Have you been with him long? I didn't even know you was seeing anyone."

"No dad. Its probably something your not going to like. But you know how much I've wanted a baby the last 4 years and every guy I've seen doesn't want kids. I want a baby before its too late so....I went to a sperm bank." His face dropped once the words left my moth. My father was always the 'a child should have a loving mother and father' type. I think he only thinks that way because its what he wished he could have given me and Bella. When mum and dad divorced I refused to leave so I ended up living with dad while mum took Bella with her. So most of my life it was just me and him against the world.

"But what about-I mean-Whos going to- They'll need-" He seemed to be struggling on what to say first and I gave him a small smile.

"Dad. I will love this baby so much it wont need a dad. I'm going to raise this baby alone. Mum wasn't exactly happy but she got over it. I wanted to tell you last week when you called but when you said you needed me to come down I thought it would be a better surprise. I just wanted to get past the 4 month mark. You know incase I miss carried." He frowned but nodded.

"I understand that sweetie. Just...please keep in touch. You live all the way in California now and I worry enough already. Now I'll be worrying twice as much. You better have someone with you when you go into Labour. And I hope I'm allowed to know my first grand baby when there here." I smiled and we got into the car.

"You will dad. I promise. And no. You know me. I don't really have many friends. But since there's no dad my boss is letting me work from home for the fist year of the babies life. To make it easy on me." He smiled and we left the airport, heading for home.

"How's California treating you?" He asked. "Bella said you was promoted a couple months ago."

"Yeah. Now I'm assistant dean at the university there." I smiled. "But I've had a couple offers from other schools to work there. The pays really good and the hours aren't that long." He nodded.

"Well just remember that its not just you that you have to think about anymore." I nodded and relaxed into my seat.

"Trust me dad. I could never forget that." I smiled and he chuckled.

*****

We pulled up to the house and I got out. I smiled at the house as my dad opened thee boot. I felt like I hadn't been here in forever. I had grew up here. I remember everything. The nights I'd sit in my room studying. The nights I snuck out to see my friends. The nights I tried to tech my dad too cook because I was worried how he'd cope when I went to college. In the end I brought him a a microwave and a tune of microwave meals. My exact words were. "These should last till I come back in a couple weeks." I couldn't help but let a small giggle leave my mouth.

"Was it always this small?" I teased.

"Leave my house alone." He huffed and I laughed as we made our way inside. "Bella! Jamie's here!" He called up the stairs after setting my bags down by the door. I heard shuffleing and soon a very tiered and skinny lookng Bella came into veiw. Her eyes had dark rings around them. Her cheeks were slightly sunken and she seemed skinier than the last time we spoke. It made me worry. Had she not been sleeping? Was she eatting right? Was she sick? I just blinked at her and she gave me a smile before her mouth dropped open. I watched her slowly shuffle over, her eyes kept looking me up and down.

"Did you get fat?" She asked pocking my side.

"Hey! That's your niece of nephew in there." I giggled and tapped her hand away.

"You're having a baby?" She asked and I saw her eyes shine slightly. I nodded happily and she smiled and pat my belly. "Hello tiney person. Im your aunt." I heard a car pull up and we looked out to see Bill Black and Jacob. Jacob was getting a weal chair out the trucks bed to put Billy in. The truck looked old and covered in rust but so was the red one in the drive. My gues is that it belonged to Bella.

"Well that saves me a trip to the rez." I smiled. Dad chuckled before going over and opening the door. We walked out, well me and my dad did. Bella staid inside.

"Well, well. Jamie Swan. Long time no see." Billy smiled. "I see you've been busy." He chuckled motioning to my belly while Jacob just staired at my belly.

"Its great seeing you guys too." I smiled.

"How long are you staying?" Billy asked.

"Just the week. Got to get back to the university. They would fall apart without me. I mean who else will do all that boring paperwork?" I asked making him chuckle.

"Which university do you work at again?" Jake asked.

"Standford." I smiled.

"If I go there will you go easy on me and give me good grades?" He asked.

"I'm not a teacher Jake. I'm assistant to the dean." I said and he smiled.

"Wow. You got promoted?" Billy asked.

"Yeah a couple months back now." I said, smiling.

"Well congratulations." Billy smiled patting my back. "Now why don't you tell us about the babies dad?" I sigh. I'm going to have to explain this a lot.