10-sacrifice

Marcus smiled as I entered and walked to me. He was by my side in a second, taking Jane and Alec's place. He gently took my hand and kissed the back of it.

"You look beautiful, mio caro (my dear)." I smiled and looked down at the dress. 

"I never really wore anything like this before. Jane did my hair." I smiled. 

"She did a wonderful job." Marcus chuckled and held out his arm. His smile falling and he frowned at me. "Sadly I must speak with you in privet about something rather serious." I nodded and took his arm a little worried about what he could need to tell me. We walked out and I glanced back at Aro and Caius who hadn't said a thing and both of them seemed to look slightly concerned. Was it that bad? We walked until we reached Marcus's office and he sat me on his large, comfy chair. 

"I have to get one of these." I smiled relaxing a little, trying to lighten the mood. By the look on Marcus's face, it didn't work.

"If this conversation goes well I will get you one." I looked at him confused. "You have heard others and myself calling you my mate, correct?" I nodded. 

"I was going to ask about it to be honest." I said and he took a deep breath.

"Us Vampires have one mate. Only one. Some go through there whole immortal life never meeting them. Others do meet them. The mate can be either human or a vampire. If human the mate is turned. To be apart from there mate it would cause both mates to be in unimaginable pain. And if one was to die then the other becomes consumed by rage and will kill anything they find, no matter what they are." He explained. 

"And I'm your mate?" I asked.

"Yes." He said simply. 

"Well I don't see why that's a problem." I frowned. "If anything its a good thing-Wait your not going to kill me are you?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I could never hurt you Jamie." He said taking my hands gently. 

"Than this is a good thing." I smiled.

"To me its the most amazing this to ever happen to me"He smiled and kissed the back of my hand but he frowned. "But you may feel differently."

"But its-"

"You see, you would not be allowed to leave. Not even to visit you family. No job. You would have to stay within these walls and if you go into town you must be with a guard." I tensed. Now I saw why he seemed so worried about this conversation. "You would have to be turned. Precautions would be in place so you did not harm you child or Isabella if she is still human but you would have to be turned." I felt a lump form in my throat. "I will love you till the end off time and will never harm you in any way be it emotional, physical or mental. But there are sacrifices." 

"Bella would be here too?" I asked and he nodded. "I suppose I could send letters to my dad and call him. And I guess my baby will be protected here." Marcus nodded quickly. "Is that all?" I asked and his face fell again. Now I was afraid to know the answer.

"One more thing that I know you will hate me for." He frowned. "Vampires...they can not have children." I felt every part of me just fall apart. I was destined to be with someone who would love me no matter what I was or what I did. And that was a dream come true. Everyone wished for that type of love. But to give up on my biggest dream. To give up the idea of having my own family...I didn't know if I could.

"I-I-"

"The baby you carry would be the only child you would have." I just sat there looking at the floor. "Mi dispiace amore mio (I'm sorry my love). I wish I could give you what you desire. But I can not. And it hurts to see you like this."

"I would have to leave my mum. My dad. Leave the job I worked so hard to get. And...let the only dream I ever had go?" I asked feeling completely broken and Marcus frowned. 

"Once you are turned-"

"Who said I wanted to be turned!" I yelled. 

"You must be." He said calmly. 

"Why must I give up on what I want? What do you have to sacrifice? Why is it only me that has to suffer and give up everything?" I hiss and he frowned lowering his head. "I need some fresh air. I need to think." I sigh and walked out and Alec stood there. He must have heard because he held out his arm and I took it.