35

||JACKSON||

If he says no, that would just be awkward for me, but just like Kyle said, "if things don't go the way I want it, that's fine."

"Erm, hold on," Ethan said.

Kyle also did say how excruciating not knowing what the answer would be. Great. "But, I just need to ask Kenny something, I'll be back," He said before standing up to look for him. I watched as he walked over to Kenny and the girl who I still have no idea what her name is. They started conversing, Kenny waving his hands as if dismissing something. Ethan looked concerned and asked a few more things before coming to a conclusion. He then came back soon to me and nodded, "sure thing," he smiled.

"What was that?" I said.

"Ah, I just wanted to ask him if he was okay with me going along with you. It's just that... his bike broke, now he usually just walks over here from his house to work, vice versa, so I take him home," he answered with a pout.

I frowned, "o-oh... I'm sorry," he felt terrible and so did I. Ah geez, poor Kenny

Ethan shook his head, "it's fine, Carla said she would voluntarily take him home."

"I see..."

"My shift doesn't end until 3:00," he alarmed me.

But I just shrugged it off and checked my phone to quickly glance at the time, "I can wait for half an hour," I nod. He looks at me, astounded, then grins afterward. Approaching from behind him, I could see Kenny walking towards us and placing a hand on Ethan's shoulder, causing him to flinch slightly and startling him with a cute little yelp. Kenny's eyes roamed around the two of us as if analyzing and observing, but more on me in particular, before heaving a breath, "you're such a bad liar," He mutters. At first, I really had no idea what he meant by that, but it took me a while to recall from our first few interactions of when he interrogated me about my feelings towards Ethan; that, combined with the fact that I apparently set off people's gaydar so easily, according to Brad, which made me panicked and self-conscious. A warm blush overcomes my cheeks as I looked at him in distress. Kenny then resumes back on Ethan, "sorry for repeatedly being a third-wheel but-"

Oh my-, "K-Kenny!" My teeth gritted.

Does he want me to die of embarrassment?

He rolls his eyes, "-but we still have 30 minutes before we can finish up for today," he motions for him to return to his station. Ethan glances back at me for a moment and waved before fully disappearing back into the kitchen. Just after I was left alone looking starstruck, Carla, who I presume is her name after Ethan explained, came to me with a pitcher of iced water and placed a cup in front of me to pour some, "you looked 'thirsty' so I thought of giving a glass to calm down your cherry red face," she said with a giggle and excused herself.

I wanna crawl under anything and hide right now...

-

Minutes have passed and I was constantly checking my phone. My foot tapped and so did my fingers on the table. I was beginning to feel pretty eager. I've been pondering what activities Ethan and I could do together to spend the evening. Knowing that I have some money leftover in my bank account along with my way recent paycheck, I could treat him out to something, and possibly surprise him with a little gift too. It's time to grow some fucking balls and turn on my own homo senses too. I wanna know what he's like, look for puzzle pieces to form an answer.

I want to know if there's a chance...

The place was now slowly pacing as the rush hours had already passed. Once more, I turned on my device to check on the time and saw that it's 5 minutes before 3. Kenny had gone to the back, possibly to time out. As I waited for a few more, all three of them came out of the kitchen doors on after the other; Carla separating momentarily to visit where I think the manager's office is. Ethan glimpsed at me, smiled, and gestured to come after. Standing up from my spot, I walked alongside and then held the door open for us to exit. We waited for a while until Carla appeared after a while. She stares at us before waving farewell with a grin, "bye you two, until next time," she says before walking towards her parked car with Kenny trailing behind her. Ethan nods at them, then to me, "so, got anything planned for what we can do?" He smiles.

I let out a chuckle, "yep, actually I do," I nodded at him.

"We're going to the mall..."