《Chapter 19: The Rebels》

~ Be careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you. ~

Blaze's pov:

Something bad was happening. I don't know what yet but I need to talk to Dante. The guys that we fought near the tree belong to one of the gangs of this town. The Rebels.

These gangs don't have a fix hideout. They were constantly moving to places to hide their skin. We only met with their boss once when dad had a meeting with him. The meeting was about them selling drugs near our warehouse.

Dad strictly told them to stop because we didn't want the police to think that it was us selling those drugs. The gang leader was quite pissed off when the meeting ended and we never saw him again.

Now that Haven told me that these guys were the one who kidnapped Hayley, it seems like we might see him soon, willingly or unwillingly.

However, I still don't understand why Dex will want to shoot me. Why the fuck did I do to him?

As soon as I reached the guys, they turned toward me.

"Where were you? You suddenly disappeared." Reggie raised an eyebrow at me.

"We have to go home, I need to talk to Dante," I told them.

I looked at Kai," Go inform dad that we are going home for some work."

"Alright," He nodded. He turned around and made his way toward the room where all the adults were.

"What's happening?" Reggie inquired.

"I'll tell you everything once we are with Dante," I said and he nodded. I looked for Haven and my eyes landed on her near the bar. She seemed lost in her thoughts.

"Were you able to talk to her?" I heard Reggie asked beside me.

"Yeah, I did."

Dex did see Haven with me and if he was still around, it can be dangerous for Haven to stay here.

I should probably warn Enzo...

I looked away from her and try to find Enzo. I found him on the right corner of the hall, talking with Devin and Jeremy.

"I'll be right back," I informed Reggie.

I made my way toward Enzo while occasionally looking around. Devin was the first one to notice me. When I reached, he put his hand forward and we handshake. I did the same with Jeremy.

"What's up?" Devin asked while casually leaning against the wall.

"The Rebels are around this area and they are armed. I don't know what they are doing here but it can't be anything good." I informed them.

"How many are they?" Jeremy questioned.

"I honestly have no idea, I just fight two guys in the backyard and also, Dex is armed too," I added.

"Blaze,"

I turned around and saw Reggie and Kai ready to go home. I turned toward Enzo, "You should probably head home too,"

"Yeah, I was thinking about it." He admitted. I gave them a nod, before walking out of the hall with the twin. Kai went to get our car while Reggie and I waited for him near the entrance.

----

Soon, we reached home and we walked inside our house. Hayley was with Dante, cuddling while watching her favourite film 'The Groods'.

"You came early," Dante commented when he noticed us.

"Yeah, we need to talk," I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Alright," He looked down at Hayley, "We'll be right back ok?"

"Ok," she answered her eyes still on the t.v.

Dante stood up and we all walked to the kitchen. Reggie stood by the entrance of the kitchen so that he could keep an eye on Hayley while we talked.

"So mind telling us what's going on?" Kai asked.

"The Rebels were the one who kidnapped Hayley," I replied.

"Who told you?" Dante inquired.

"Haven," I said.

"It's going to be hard to find them," Reggie commented.

"Yeah, they don't have a fixed place where we can go check... we'll have to see the cameras nearby, hopefully, we'll get some clues," Kai explained.

"I don't think we'll have to go far though," I added.

"Why?" Dante asked.

"Haven and I fought two of them in the backyard of the hall which means that they might be keeping an eye on us."

"So she does fight!" Reggie exclaimed and I nodded.

"She's pretty good," I commented.

"I'll see what I can find more on them," Dante stated.

"Also, Dex tried to shoot me..." I trailed off.

"Dex?" Both twins asked confused.

"What did you do to him?" Dante asked and I shrugged.

"Nothing," I replied.

"I think someone is looking for him, didn't you see how guarded he was when he was in the hall and then he suddenly disappeared," Reggie told us.

"Yeah and Dylan looked tensed," Kai added.

"Dex will be easier to find so I'll let you guys deal with this," Dante said looking at us.

"I'll look after The Rebels," He said and we nodded," Also since Haven fought them twice, she should be careful. Something tells me that they weren't there for you Blaze."

He might be right...

Once our small meeting ended, I went into my room to change my clothes. Dante went back to Hayley while the twin went to the computer room.

I wore my grey sweatpants and my white t-shirt. I put my phone to charge before walking downstairs. I made my way to the living room and looked at Hayley. She was falling asleep on Dante's side.

"I'll take her to her room," I suggested and Dante nodded.

"I'll help the twin."

I picked up Hayley in my arms and she wrapped her arms around my neck, laying her head on my shoulder. I walked back upstairs, into her room.

I laid her on her bed and pulled the blanket over her. She opened her eyes, looking at me.

"Blaze,"

"Hmm," I sat on the edge of the bed.

"When can I go to the park?" She asked her voice soft. With everything that's happening, I don't think Dante will let us go.

"Please, I want to go." She pouted.

"I'll talk to Dante,"

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah