《Chapter 13: Meredith》

~ Don't worry if people don't like you. Most of them are struggling to like themselves. ~

Haven's pov:

Time went by quickly and it was already lunchtime. Zoey and the guys waited for me by the lockers and we walked to the cafeteria together. We bought our lunch and sat by our table.

Funny how I only sat there yesterday and I was already calling it our table...

Like yesterday, each group were in their corner. Dylan was already here, talking and laughing loudly with his friends. Enzo, Jeremy and Devin recently came and they were by their table.

"Did you hear about the business party?" Asher asked me.

"Yeah, I'm going tonight," I replied before eating another french fries.

"Oh cool, we'll be there too." Asher smiled.

"Half of the school will be there," Kyle commented.

"Really?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he nodded.

"Almost everyone here has at least one of their parents working in the business field or own a business," Zoey explained.

"Oh,"

I felt my phone vibrated and I reached to take it from my pocket. I looked at the screen and it was a message from Enzo.

Wanna join us at our table?- Enzo

No, I'm good here- Haven

I replied and put my phone back in my pocket. I looked at Enzo and he gave me a nod. He then went back to talk with Devin and Jeremy.

The door of the cafeteria opened again and this time it was the Alejandro brothers. One of them had a bandage wrapped around his head and I guess he was the one that got hurt when they kidnapped Hayley. They walked toward their table and they all suddenly looked my way. I looked away from them, ignoring them.

"What was that about?" Kyle asked and I shrugged.

"Do you their names?" I asked them and they nodded.

"The middle one is Blaze, the one who has a bandage on is Reggie and the other one is Kai," Asher said and I nodded absentmindedly.

"Why did you-"

Kyle stopped when we heard a high pitched screamed. We looked at the source and found Meredith walking in the cafeteria with a cup of juice in her hands. She waved at someone behind our table. We all turned to see who it was and it was a guy, who himself was surprised that Meredith noticed him.

She started to walk, making her way toward the guy.

"Anyway, what are you going to wear tonight?" Zoey asked me excitedly.

"My mom made me a-" I gasped when I felt a cold liquid on my shoulder going down my arm.

"So sorry, I slipped." I heard Meredith said.

We all very well know that you didn't slip...

"You piece of-"

Blaze's pov:

We were all minding our own business until Meredith's annoying voice interrupted us. She waved at a guy at the back, who I bet she doesn't even know the name of. We let her do her things and continued our talk.

"So sorry, I slipped."

We looked over at Meredith and Haven. Meredith had poured all her drink on Haven's shoulder. Meredith doesn't look sorry and Haven, she looked pissed.

Again, the whole cafeteria was dead silent.

"You piece of-" she abruptly stood up glaring at Meredith. Before she could do anything else, one of the guy at her table grabbed her wrist.

She looked at the guy and he removed his hand. She then proceeds to remove her jacket and put it on the table in front of her.

"Her arm," Reggie elbowed me.

I shifted my gaze to her arm and there was a large purple bruise.

"What were you going to say?" Meredith tried to intimidate Haven.

"Oh, believe me, I was going to do more than just say things," Haven replied calmly but if you look at her hand, she was clenching her fist by her side.

"You better stay in your limits," Meredith stated.

"Meredith," Enzo stood up. He was going to talk when Haven put her hand up stopping him.

"Or else what?" She asked Meredith.

"I'll fucking make your life hell." Meredith threatened.

"Go ahead, I want to see what you can do besides walking like newborn deers with these heels." Haven started making Meredith gasped loudly. Everyone in the room snicker at that.

"And one more thing, I'm not one of those who will sit down and let you walk over me. Don't be surprised if all your tricks turn against you." Haven made herself clear. Before Meredith could say anything else, she grabbed her jacket and walked out of the cafeteria.

Meredith looked around before kicking one of the empty chairs with her feet. She stormed out of the cafeteria.

The group that was with Haven gathered their things and walked out. Enzo sat back on his chair.

"Did you see that bruise? It was purple, something hit her hard." Kai commented.

"I don't know how she saves Hayley but it's sure that she went all the way through it," Reggie stated.

I can see that...

Haven's pov:

I made my way to the girls' washroom. I looked at my jacket and the drink made a large white circle on the fabric. I looked at myself in the mirror and thankfully my jean and my crop top didn't get any of the drink.

"Hey, you there?" I heard Zoey asked.

"Yes," I replied. She walked in with Asher and Kyle behind her.

"You went on huh?" Kyle smirked.

"Thank you," I told Asher. If he didn't hold me, I would have to punch Meredith in the face. I don't know why but I was annoyed.

"No worry," Asher added.

"How did you get that though?" Zoey asked pointing at my arm.

"I fought yesterday," I said and they nodded.

"I have a bandage that I usually use for practise, I can lend it to you if you want," Kyle suggested.

My jacket was ruined and even if everyone saw the bruise I still have to cover it.

"Sure,"

"Come with me,"

We all walked out and made our way to the lockers. Kyle opened his locker and handed me the bandage.

"Let me do it," Zoey said and I handed it the bandage. She bandaged my arm and I thanked her.

"Now what?" Asher asked.

"We go to class, there are only 5 minutes left for the bell," Zoey chuckled.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah