《Chapter 55: Swap》

~You cannot always wait for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to jump.~

Dante's pov:

"Hayley, careful with the paint," Dad told Hayley as she was shaking the bottle of red paints.

"It's not coming out," she pouted.

"Come, I'll put some water in it," Kai suggested. She handed the bottle to Kai and they both walked to the kitchen.

"We should buy a new painting kit for her," I commented.

All her bottle of paints were almost over and even her brushes were in a bad state.

"I'll go to Target tomorrow, I'll buy it," Reggie said briefly looking at us, before going back to his laptop.

For the next ten minutes, we just lay on the couch relaxing. Hayley was painting her drawing with her fingers and she did a good job to keep everything around her clean.

Blaze walked into the living room and went to sit beside dad. He laid his head back and closed his eyes for a few minutes.

My phone vibrated and I took it out. I started to read my emails and I replied to some. I also had to get some files printed so I sent them to dad's computer.

"Blaze is it good?"

"Hmm,"

"You didn't even see it."

"Hayley, I'll look at it later."

"It's good honey, why don't you draw another one for us?" I heard dad said to Hayley. I looked up from my phone and saw Hayley frowning. She nodded and went back to the middle table.

"What crawl up your ass?" Kai asked Blaze.

"Language," dad warned Kai.

"No, he's right." Blaze agreed with Kai making us surprised. "Hayley come here."

Hayley walked back to Blaze and he picked her up in his arms," I'm sorry,"

Hayley smiled and hugged him. After a few seconds, she pulled away from him and went to her drawings.

"What's the matter?" Dad asked Blaze.

"Did you fought with Haven?" Reggie chuckled.

"That would explain a lot of things," Kai commented.

Blaze shook his head no," Her mother came today... she's here to take her back to her old town."

Everyone in the room stayed silent.

"She's leaving?" I asked breaking the heavy silence.

"She doesn't want to, she says that she will talk to her mother." Blaze sighed.

"What if her mother doesn't agree?" Reggie asked cautiously.

"Well, she'll have to leave. I can't stop her." Blaze replied.

"You will break up?" Kai asked.

"Alright, let's not go there." Dad said before Blaze replied to Kai," I know her mother and I can tell you that nothing bad is going to happen."

"How do you know her?" I asked curiously.

"She was a good friend of your mother in high school," Dad replied.

Oh...

"Anyway, don't stress out. Everything's going to be okay." Dad patted Blaze's shoulder.

Haven's pov:

It was now 6 pm and dinner was served. Mom woke up and we all had our dinner. I didn't talk to her yet.

Once we finished eating, dad and Enzo volunteered to do the dishes while mom and I went to the living room to watch the t.v.

"Clara called earlier. She told me that her spa is celebrating its 20th anniversary and she wants us to join her there. She's going to give us free massages." Mom said excitedly.

How will I tell her?

"That's nice," I commented.

"Yeah, but we will have to leave in two days to be able to reach there on time," Mom added.

Come on Haven, you can do it!

"Mom, I need to tell you something," I said and she turned to me.

"Yes..." she trailed oft.

"Mom, I don't want to leave... Please don't get me wrong. I love you, I love spending time with you, I love shopping with you, I love our mommy-daughter time-"

"Breath honey," she said reaching to grab my hands. I let out a breath and looked at her before continuing.

"I made new friends here, I met a nice guy who is now my boyfriend and I love him very much," I admitted and she gasped.

"Haven Mia Garcia, when the heck were you going to tell me about this boyfriend of yours?" Mom asked dramatically.

From everything that I said, that's the only part she got.

"Ooh, I heard the full name," Enzo said walking in the living room with dad behind him.

"Vince, did you know that our daughter had a boyfriend?" Mom asked dad.

Dad reached out to rub the back of his neck nervously.

"You did know!" Mom stated.

"Yeah, I invited him for dinner," Dad said and mom turned toward me.

"If you don't make me meet him, I'll swear I'll drag you home with me." Mom started making my eyes widened slightly.

Does that mean...

"Wait, so she can stay?" Enzo asked cautiously.

"Of course she can, I'm not that heartless." Mom rolled her eyes. I let out a squeal and jumped to hug her tightly.

"Did you think I would take you with me after knowing this?" Mom asked and I shrugged.

"How would I know," I said.

"Well mom, dad... now that Haven said what she had to say, I need to tell you something too," Enzo said and we all looked at him.

"You have a girlfriend?" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not yet... I have been thinking about it for a few days now and I guess this is the best opportunity for me." Enzo started, making us really curious.

"Go ahead," mom encourages him.

"So now that Haven will stay here with dad and her boyfriend, I was thinking that I would come with you and settle there," Enzo confessed.

"What?" Dad asked surprised.

"Oh my, that's a big step." Mom commented.

Wait a minute...

"You are going there for Rosalee." I gasped. He turned to me and nodded.

"Rosalee as in your best friend Rosalee?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"She came to visit me a month ago, that's when they met," I replied.

"I really like her okay and I know it's a big step but I'll do it. I'm graduating in two weeks and I'll take up a job there and settle down... this way mom, you won't be lonely too." Enzo explained.

"Whatever you think is best for you son," mom smiled.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah