《Chapter 20: I warned you》

~ they laughed at me cause I'm different. I laughed at them because they are all the same. ~

Haven's pov:

The bell rang and everyone packed up their things. I swing my bag over my shoulder before walking out to my locker. Like yesterday, Zoey was there waiting for me. However, she looked lost in her thoughts.

"Hey," I said as I approached her. She seemed to come out of her thoughts and looked up at me.

"Hi," She forced a smile. I opened my locker and empty my bag making it lighter. The whole time Zoey was quite and it felt really weird. She's always talking and smiling.

"Are you going to the cafeteria?" I asked her as I closed the door of my locker.

"Yeah and you?" She asked looking at me.

"Yeah, but I have to use the washroom first," I told her.

"Let's go,"

"Asher and Kyle won't join us today, they are having lunch with some girls they met yesterday at the party." Zoey suddenly informed me as we walked to the girl's washroom.

Oh.

Speaking of yesterday's party, I tried to call Antonio this morning to see if he was free but he didn't answer. I figure that he was probably still dealing with his mission. I send him a text and told him to call me once he was back.

Enzo didn't come to school today. I didn't see Devin, Jeremy, Blaze, Reggie or Kai at all. Even Dylan wasn't present today. Yesterday when Enzo came to me at the party, telling me that it was time to go home I knew that Blaze warned him and I didn't argue.

Now back to Zoey.

"Is that why you are sad?" I asked cautiously.

She frowned looking at me, "I'm not sad,"

"Right and my hair is blonde," I said sarcastically.

"I'm not sad, it's just that it will feel weird to sit at the cafeteria without them." She sighed.

"Maybe you should ask them to bring the girls to our table?" I suggested.

"That's a... good idea. Why didn't I think about that earlier?" She facepalmed making me chuckled.

We reached the washroom and we both walked inside. Zoey stayed by the sinks as I went to do my business. A few minutes later, I walked out and stopped in my track when I saw Meredith looking at me, her arms crossed on her chest.

I looked at Zoey and she was on the other side of the washroom with Jane and Janel by her side. I sighed inwardly and went to wash my hands.

"You wanted to see what I can do right? Well, today is your lucky day." Meredith started to talk.

"Listen, Meredith, I don't want to hurt you or spend my lunchtime in the principal office," I told her firmly.

"Look at purple hair, she thinks that she intimidates me." Meredith chuckled looking at Jane and Janel. The two puppets joined and let out some fake evil laugh.

"Do you think that I'm scared of you?" Meredith stated as she walked closer to me. She was a little taller than me as she was wearing heels.

"You should be," I said firmly.

"Oh, honey but I'm not. You should be scare of me." She stated pointing her finger at me.

"How about we have some fun with this one first?" Janel laughed looking at Zoey. Zoey looked at me and I gave her a reassuring nod.

"Touch her and I swear I'll rip all your extension off from your hair," I warned them. Jane gasped, her hand reaching to touch her hair.

"How dare you talk to them like that!?" I turned right on time to catch Meredith hands a few inches away from my face. I glared at her and reached to grab her neck with my free hand. I used my feet to kick her ankles making her lose her balance. A lot screamed escaped her lips and she looked at me wide-eyed. I push her head in the sink and looked at Jane and Janel.

They were both looking at me with a horrified expression.

"Get the fuck away from her before I open the tap on your friend's head," I stated. They both rushed to the side, away from Zoey. Zoey grabbed our bags and walked toward me.

"I warned you Meredith but unfortunately you took my warnings lightly," I said as I removed my hands from her head. She stumbled on the floor and turned to look at me. Her mascara was running down her cheeks as she cried.

Hope she understands now...

I walked out of the washroom with Zoey behind me.

"That was... wow," Zoey commented.

"I couldn't hurt her much or she would have reported me to the principal," I said and she nodded.

"That's right." She added.

We walked to the cafeteria and went to buy our lunch. We then walked to our table. My eyes landed on Kyle and Asher and they were both sitting at the cheerleader's table, smiling and laughing.

"He looked so happy there," I turned to look at Zoey, who was looking at them.

"You like Asher don't you?" I asked and her head snapped toward me.

"N-no," she stutters. I gave her the i-don't-believe-you look and she sighed.

"Yeah, I do but it's just a tiny little crush. Besides he thinks of me as her little sister." She pouted.

"He told you that?" I asked and she nodded.

"Once when I was sick, he said and I quote 'I will always be there for you whenever you'll need me... that's what big brother is for." Her shoulder dropped when she said the last part.

"Ouch, the first part sounded so romantic," I said and she nodded.

"I know, I was ready to tell him about me having a crush on him but then I stopped myself... Anyway, there is a fair at the park this evening, do you want to go?" She asked, changing the topic.

"At what time does it start?" I asked as I ate my french fries.

"It will start at noon and will end around midnight." She answered.

"Well, I guess we can go," I said and she smiled.

"Great,"

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah