《Chapter 7: Phone calls》

~Alas! How easily things go wrong.~

Haven's pov:

After school, I drove back home. Once I reached, I walked into my room and freshened up. As I stepped out of the bathroom, I heard my phone ringing.

I grabbed it and saw that it was Rosalee video calling me. I picked up and saw Rosalee setting her phone. She looked at the screen and waved at me before moving away.

There was Antonio, back in his office working. He was typing something on his phone and I saw his bandaged arm.

"Hi," I said gaining his attention. He looked up and nodded at me.

"Hi Haven," He said putting his phone on the table.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" He asked as he came closer to the phone.

"I'm great,"

Rosalee walked behind her brother and leaned her elbow on the back of the chair.

"So how was your day?" Rosalee asked excitedly.

"It was... eventful," I replied as I laid on my bed.

"Already?" Antonio chuckled.

"What happened?" Rosalee asked curiously.

"I learned that my brother was one of the 'bad boys' of the school. He and the golden boy aka the charming jerk hate each other and they never miss an opportunity to show it...  by fighting." I explained.

"Seems like you have a great day." Rosalee joked.

"Well it kinda was, I made three friends." I shrugged.

"Oh that's great but you better don't forget about your old ones," Antonio added.

"Of course not."

"Anyway, before I forget why I made Rosalee call you... I send you a picture on your laptop. Have a look later and tell me if you saw him today at your school or around your school." Antonio told me.

"Wait, my laptop is right here on my desk, let me check it," I said standing up. I pulled the chair of my desk and sat down. I turn on the laptop and used my penholders as a stand for my phone. I made sure that the phone stays up before looking at my laptop.

I enter the email Antonio sends me and it took a few seconds for the picture to load. I did a double-take when I saw it. This guy looks like an older version of Dylan.

His brother may be or his father...

"Did you?" Antonio asked.

"Does he have a son or a younger brother?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I have no idea. We looked up for his information and every fucking thing was deleted except for his name and the last place he was seen." Antonio explained.

"Is he the one involve in the crash of the club?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's one of the suspects." He replied.

"What is his name?" I asked.

"Dex,"

"He looks familiar to the golden boy I was talking about. This picture is an older version of him." I explained.

"It could be his elder brother or dad," Rosalee commented.

"Yeah, it can be," I said.

"He was last seen in the parking lot of Grove high, your new school. If he's related to the guy that you were talking about, he might show up again. And if you do see him, call me immediately." Antonio ordered.

I furrowed my eyebrows "But by the time you'll come, he'll be gone."

"That's a risk we are willing to take but you, you are not getting involved in this. They don't know you as you weren't here when they crash the whole club." Antonio stated and I sighed.

"Fine," I said.

"Also, be on your guards. I did some research around the area you are living in... there are a lot of gangs and fighters, all their history are bad. Be careful when you are alone and try to have at least a knife in your boots or pocket." He informed me.

"I'll keep that in mind," I said and he nodded.

"We'll let you rest now, talk to you soon."

Rosalee waved at me and I waved back. After he hangs up, I walked to my bedtable's and put my phone to charge. Then I jumped on my bed and laid down.

Blaze's pov:

We were chilling on the couch when suddenly Dante got a phone call. He went to the kitchen to answer it since Hayley was with us.

Both Hayley and Reggie were sitting on the carpet in the middle of the living room, painting some flowers while the movie Frozen was playing on the t.v as a background sound.

Kai was beside me minding his own business on his phone.

"Blaze, Kai come with me," Dante ordered as he walked in. Kai and I stood up, following Dante to the front door.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I got a call from one of the bodyguards that our warehouse was being attacked."

We sat in his jeep and he drove there as fast as he could. Luckily the way was clear. When we reached, he parked on the side and we rushed in. However, everything looks normal.

The bodyguards were by the door walking and guarding the place. Dante reached the gate and one of the bodyguards opened the door.

"Wait, I got a call from one of you that we were being attacked," Dante said to the bodyguard. The bodyguard looked at us confused

"Sorry sir but none of us called you." The bodyguard affirmed.

"So no one is in here?" I asked and he shook his head no.

The bodyguard shook his head, "No Sir,"

"Look like someone fucking prank you." Kai sighed.

"Why would someone do such risky prank?" Dante asked confused.

"We can trace the phone call if you want," I suggested.

"Yeah, let's d-"

He stopped when he heard my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

"It's Reggie."

I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said. Instead of him talking, I  heard hard breathing.

"Reggie?" I asked again.

"H-Hayley... come... home."

These were the only words he said before the line went dead.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah