《Chapter 23: Blood》

~ To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved. ~

Haven's pov:

When we reached, Zoey parked and we all went inside. We let Hayley choose our table and she picked the one near the large windows. We sat down and ordered our food.

Hayley let out a yawn and leaned in the seat.

"Are you tired?" Zoey asked her and she nodded.

"Well once we have dinner, I'll drop you home," I said and she nodded again. I felt my phone vibrated and I took it.

Will you be home for dinner?- Dad.

Oops, I forgot to tell him.

Sorry dad but I'm having dinner with my friend- H

His reply was quick.

Alright have fun- D

I put my phone on the table and talked with Zoey and Hayley till our food came. Once we got our order, we ate our food.

----

Midway through eating our food, my phone rang and I looked at it. It was Blaze. I looked at the time and it was 6:30 pm.

I picked up the call.

"Hello?" His voice was low.

"Hello, yes I'm bringing her home-"

"Don't." He interrupted me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Can you look after her a little longer?" He asked breathing hard and I looked at Hayley. She was drinking the sparkling juice we got for her.

"Sure, I can... are you okay?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Kinda," he replied briefly, "I'll call you later,"

I was about to talk when I heard a gunshot before the phone went dead. What the heck?

"What happened?" I heard Zoey asked.

"Hmm Blaze told me to look after her a little more," I said briefly and she nodded.

"Looks like you're coming with me home," I told Hayley and she smiled at me.

We paid for our food and left. I bought Hayley home and my dad was surprised to see her. I dropped all her stuff on one of the couch in the living room.

"Who is she?" Dad inquired.

"That's Hayley, my friend's sister. He had an emergency so he asked me to look after her for a while." I explained and he nodded.

"I'm glad to see that you already made some friend and that he trust you with his sister," Dad smirked making me rolled my eyes.

"Where's Enzo?" I asked him, changing the topic.

"He called a few minutes ago and he told me that he will stay at Devin's house for the night," He said and I nodded.

"Anyway, I'm going to bed. There are some snacks in the cabinets, feel free to grab some." Dad told me before looking at Hayley.

"Goodnight little one," he said and she smiled.

"Goodnight," she said. Dad left went to his room while we went to my room and Hayley jumped on the bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked and she nodded. I put my laptop on the bed and put on one of the Disney movies.

----

I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing. I reached to grab it and looked at the Id. It was Blaze and it was 00:20. Hayley was sleeping peacefully, cuddling by my side and the laptop battery died.

"Yes?" My voice cracked a little.

"Sorry I woke you up," I heard Blaze said.

"It's alright," I reassured him.

"Can you send me your address so that I can pick Hayley up?" He asked and I absent-mindedly nodded. There was a long silence.

"Are you still there?" I heard him ask.

Right he can't see me...

"Yeah, I'll send you the address," I replied.

"Alright,"

Once he hung up, I typed the address and send it to him. I slowly stood up, trying not to wake Hayley up. I went to wash my face in my bathroom and tied my hair in a messy ponytail. I also changed my clothes and wore one of my night outfit.

 I also changed my clothes and wore one of my night outfit

(Haven's night outfit⬆️)

I made my way downstairs and went into the living. I turned on the light of the hall so that I don't trip while going to open the door. A few seconds later, I heard a knock.

That was quick...

I went to the front door and opened it. I did a double-take when I saw his face. The light of the front porch was on and I could see his face.

"Where's Hayley?" He asked me right away.

"She's sleeping in my room." I replied, "You're bleeding."

He had blood dripping down his forehead and his neck, his shirt was covered in blood.

"I didn't have time to clean up before coming here," he answered firmly.

"Your brothers-"

"They look worst than me right now." He interrupted me.

"Oh,"

"Can I take Hayley now?" He asked and I frowned.

"Do you want her to wake up and see you like this?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"So you won't let me take her?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"No, I mean yes you can take her but first let me clean this up," I said pointing at his forehead.

"Can you just let me take her?" He asked impatiently.

"No," I stated firmly. Before he could say anything else, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside with me. Thankfully he didn't resist and it was easy for me to drag him to the kitchen.

I grabbed the first aid box before walking toward him.

"You are wasting your time, I can do that at home." He said as I stood a few inches away from him.

"Sorry, but I don't want Hayley to get scared when she sees you like this." I pointed out. I push his shoulder down, gesturing him to sit down on the chair. He gave me a look but sit down silently.

I used the cotton to rub off the blood from his forehead. I cleaned the side of his face and went down to his neck. The blood on his neck was dry so I had to scrub it with the cotton.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah