2: Decision Time

I watched as magic knight hopefuls were sent home one by one.

Wow, I didn't realize how many people didn't make it. Even the ones that I thought were kind of impressive are being sent home.

I hadn't been nervous at all so far, but now my palms were sweating.

What the hell will I do if I don't get in?!

My heart was racing like crazy when my number was called.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. This is it. Now or never.

"Y/n L/n. From Saussy village. Any takers?" The announcer called as I stepped forward.

My jaw dropped as all of the Captains, except 1, raised their hands.

Their was an audible gasp from the crowd. Holy shit, this many hands weren't raised since that kid 2 years ago from Hage.

Fucking Blue Rose. I knew they wouldn't want me. Those bastards. She must think I'm too uncivilized or some shit.

"Who do you choose?" the announcer called.

Focus! I've been planning on the Black Bulls, but I had no idea the Golden Dawn would want me...

Breathe. Stick to your plan.

"I choose the Black Bulls." I commanded.

Another audible gasp... I looked up at the captains and saw a slight smile from William Vangeance.

I can't believe I just turned down fucking William Vangeance.

"Girl" I heard a voice call. "Are you sure that's the decision you want to make?"

Nozel Silva.

"Aye!" my new captain yelled. "She made her choice!"

"Well, she is from Saussy... I want to make sure she knows she has options far greater than the Black Bulls." Nozel continued.

I was in absolute shock... Were two captains fighting over me?

"He's right you know," Charlotte Roselei interjected. "To turn down such offers is absurd."

This bitch didn't even raise her hand for me... Why does she care?

Suddenly, Yami jumped down from the balcony and stood in front of me. Geez he's huge.

"How old are you?" he questioned.

"Uh... 20."

"Resume your post!" Nozel yelled.

I looked over his shoulder and up at a couple Captains who had stood and were now leaning against the railing of the balcony.

Are they all that interested in...me?

"Ignore him. Look here," Yami commanded. "You look a little young for 20."

I let my eyes drift back to his face, and as I met his eyes I could've sworn I saw a slight tint of red hit his cheeks.

"You in?" he asked. "Or you want to go with one of those assholes?" He nodded his head back to the Captains behind him.

I laughed lightly and spoke only so he could hear, "Even if I weren't to pick your squad, the Silver Eagles would be last on my list."

A smile curled up on his face, and I felt my eyes drift down to his lips.

My breath picked up just slightly.

Wow, he's attractive...

He cleared his throat softly, and I quickly returned my eye contact.

Shit, Y/n! This man is your new captain!!

"Welcome to the team, Saussy." he smirked.

He returned back to his seat, and I looked at the Captains who were eager to hear back from me on a final decision.

"Thank you for your consideration," I bowed my head slightly. "But I have made my decision."

Nozel and Charlotte both scoffed as they and the others returned to their seats.

I looked back to William Vangeance, really wanting his approval for some reason. His smile had gotten wider.

"I expect great things from you, Y/n." William declared.

"As do we all." Fuegoleon Vermillian added.

I smiled, "I won't let you down."

•••

After the selection, I met up with my new Captain, some other guy, and Finral.

"Hey, Fin!" I called as I walked up to them. He blushed slightly at my new nickname.

"You two know each other or somethin?" Yami asked.

I shrugged, "Mm, a little."

"Hey, Y/n! Glad you made it." Fin welcomed.

I smiled brightly, "Thanks! I'm really happy to be here!" I turned to the boy with makeup, "Hi, I'm Y/n! Who are you?"

A look of shock spread across his face at my acknowledgment.

I laughed, "I'm going to need to know your name since we're teammates now."

"Uh, I'm Gordon," he said in a soft whisper.

"Ok. Gordan and Fin and..." I trailed off, looking at my new Captain realizing he hadn't officially introduced himself.

"Yami." he huffed.

"Yami." I nodded. "Well, boys. I can't wait to stir up trouble with you." I winked.

Gordan and Fin blushed and looked away while Yami laughed loudly.

Yami put his arm on my shoulder, "You're going to fit right in."