10: Blood Battle

We entered a large open space. There was a waterfall pouring out from the side of the wall, and across the river that rushed through the middle of the cave, there was a large golden door.

I quickly set us down, "It's the vault."

"Let's hurry!" Klaus called.

Suddenly, a body appeared from the shadows. "Well, well, well... It looks like some Magic Knights came out to play."

A man walked out and stood between us and the vault, and about 5 hooded figures came and circled behind him.

"Leave here at once, and we won't attack!" Klaus called.

I wonder where Magna and Noelle are... I hope they're safe. And far from here. I did not like the feeling of this guy's mana.

"But we were here first," the man said with a smile and a shrill voice.

He had long black hair that flowed down to his waist, and a long scar stretched diagonally across his entire face.

Damn, he's kind of scary looking...

Suddenly, he cast a spell and launched a magic attack towards us. Asta drew out his sword and jumped in front, slashing through the blow.

This guy has Moonlight magic!? Not good.

I watched as the magic completely dispersed after being hit with Asta's sword.

So they were right?... My Blood Magic has similar properties to Anti-Magic?

"You're gonna have to do a lot better than that!" Asta yelled.

"Careful, Asta. Moonlight Magic is incredibly powerful," I warned in a low voice.

"You should listen to the beautiful girl, young one. She knows what she's talking about," the man cooed.

I looked at him and noticed the Spade symbol stitched on his robe.

"A little far from home aren't you?" I called. "What's the Spade Kingdom doing way out here?"

Shit, the Spade Kingdom had the best military of all the Kingdoms by far... I am not looking forward to fighting these guys.

He let out a loud cackle, "Oh, you are a smart one! We're just taking what's ours darling, that's all."

"You are in the Clover Kingdom! Which means this dungeon belongs to us!" Klaus called back.

I looked over at Yuno, who was sizing up the man as well. "We have to be smart about this," I whispered to him.

"Yes, I agree," he responded.

Suddenly, Asta started charging at the man and his hooded comrades.

"No!" I yelled, knowing it was already too late. Asta was launched in mid air over the river, and Mimosa was right behind him.

The man ignored Asta completely and turned his attention to Mimosa.

Not good, he's taking out the weaker one first.

"This is not what I had in mind," I muffled while running after them.

"Moonlight Magic: Cresent Cut!" the man sent an attack for Mimosa, and it cut her right on the front side of her neck.

Asta was caught off guard by the way the man didn't even hold back at all, and he was blown into the rock wall by one of the hooded-figure's spells.

Mimosa crashed into the ground while desperately holding her throat while blood rushed out.

Fuck, this guy is aiming to kill!!!