23: Opening Up

I walked back into the grand hall after my discussion with William. He was really convincing.

He wanted to personally train me along with Yuno, who he felt had also shown substantial growth. It's hard to turn down private lessons from the man next in line to be the Wizard King...

Plus, there really were so many positives to joining the Golden Dawn. So many opportunities I didn't even know about.

I sighed while finding my way to the far wall of the room. All I wanted was to hide away for the night.

"Good evening, Y/n," Yuno said softly as he approached me.

I offered him a small smile, "Hi, Yuno. Enjoying your night?"

"No, not particularly."

I laughed, grateful for his honesty, "Yea, me either."

"You looked quite happy to be around the Black Bulls," he commented.

"That's true. I just feel very overwhelmed by this decision I have to make."

"How did your conversation with William go?"

"It went really well, actually. He gave me a lot to think about."

"So then, what's your hesitation?"

I sighed, not really knowing where to begin.

He smiled softly, "Is it because of your relationship with Captain Yami?"

"Mmm, so you heard about it too?"

"I did."

I looked up at him with sadness. I truly didn't know what to say. It wasn't just Yami, it was about all of my teammates at the Black Bulls. They were, well, my family...

"Is it crazy to say I thought there might have been something special between us?" Yuno added while looking out into the crowd of Magic Knights.

"No, you're not crazy... I felt it too," I sighed, looking down at my feet.

"Maybe in another life," he smiled while still avoiding eye contact.

It was quiet for a moment, both of us reflecting on the words we had just spoken.

"When are you going to tell William?" he asked finally looking over at me.

"There's still a few things I need to wrap up, but I'm guessing within the week."

He nodded, "I wish you nothing but the best. And I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. Try to keep up if you can."

I smiled as he kissed my hand softly and walked away.

I hope you know what you're doing, Y/n... Cuz you just let a really good one get away.

••••
***That scene was really hard for me to write. Like this story almost became a Yuno x Reader🤑 I just feel like our MC and Yuno had such natural chemistry that would've perfectly balanced each other out... Ugh anyway, rant over.***
••••

**YAMI'S POV**

I watched as Y/n quickly snuck out onto the balcony alone.

I grabbed a couple of drinks and went outside after her. Well, here goes nothing.

I walked up to her and silently handed her a drink. She accepted it without even looking at me, her eyes fixated on the Capital's brightly shining lights.