40: Announcement

I sighed and shook my head softly in disbelief, "I can't believe they tried to protect me and didn't actually sell me..."

Small, happy tears had formed in my eyes. My whole life I believed they didn't want me, and it was pretty ground breaking to hear otherwise.

"I'm sorry you're not from the Clover Kingdom," he whispered regretfully.

"It's ok Julius. I don't care where I was born, I know where I belong."

He smiled as my words, "Yes, and you belong here."

I smiled back at him.

"So do you really think your friends can help us?" he asked.

"I do. They were trained by Spade mages so they use a different technique, just like I do. Having them spar with others I think will be very helpful."

"Plus, 2 of them trained directly under mages of the Dark Triad. I know they'll help us with a plan and give us more insight."

He nodded along at my words, "Well, Yuno thinks it's a good idea too. And I can't ignore the both of you."

"Yuno, the golden boy of the Golden Dawn," I teased.

Julius shrugged, "He is a little more dependable than you."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, Jules. Can I go train now? Or do you have any more earth-shattering information to share?"

"You can go," he smiled.

I rushed back outside to find my old companions training with Yuno and the Captains. It was strange to see, but I was so glad they had been accepted.

I looked around for Yami, hoping to make up, but I didn't see him.

"Come on, Y/n. Come join us," Nozel called, and I ran over to the rest of them.

Levi was a Black Oil mage. Rei used Wing magic. The two new ones, Kota and Suki, used Bone and Shadow magic. All of them were insanely strong due to their training with the Spade Kingdom and their rare magic forms.

Kind of like me...

We were working hard underneath the midday sun. I was feeling nauseous from the heat exhaustion that started setting in.

"You're going easy on them," a voice huffed out. I turned to see Yami had finally joined us. "It's not very impressive when you do that."

I stopped my blood sword training to look at him with an annoyed glare.

"Alright princess, try to stop this," he called out to me.

I knew he was still mad, but now he was just being an asshole. I quickly changed my blood sword to a spear shape and twirled it out in front of me, dispersing his Dark Slashes.

"We're not going easy on her, she's just gotten better," Nozel added with a smug look on his face.

"Let's check her combat style," Yami huffed while charging at me.

Damn, he's gotten faster too.

I barely had time to change my weapon back into a sword when he struck his first blow against me. Our swords slashed against each other a few times before we paused.

"What the fuck is your problem!?" I yelled at him

He quickly put the katana back in its sheath, "My problem? You think I'm the one with the problem?"

He shook his head before walking away.

"Yami," I called out after him. "Yami, please wait!"

How could I be so thoughtless? Yami was obviously still hurt about the engagement being a secret. Then, I went out to meet Rei and Levi in secret. He's probably so upset I keep hiding things from him.