22: The Beginning

I was going to post a day at a time, but now I'm just going to post as I write. Some days might have a chapter, some days might have more. I hope you're enjoying it!!!

The wardrobe of my room was left open, and I noticed a bag hung inside.

I grabbed the note attached to it: Sorry again for calling you the darkness

I laughed loudly. Julius, you're so strange.

I opened the garment bag to find the most beautiful black, sparkling dress.

I can't believe this is for me to wear...

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

I threw open the door, "Yes? Oh! Julius!" I bowed my head.

He chuckled and pushed through the door, "Someday you'll treat me like a normal human."

"Only when you start acting like a normal human," I teased.

He laughed loudly and took a seat in the armchair, "So, did you like the dress?"

"It's beautiful. I can't believe I get to wear it," I smiled at him.

"I'm sure this is difficult to believe due to my devilishly handsome good looks, but I'm actually old enough to be your dad."

"You don't look a day over 30...5," I teased again.

He laughed, "Y/n, I hope this doesn't make you too uncomfortable, but I really see you like a daughter."

I smiled and felt tears begin to well up, "Thank you, sir. That means more than you know."

"I know fancy galas suck. Especially ones you're forced to go to," he said while standing up. "But try to have some fun tonight."

"I will," I said softly, but only thinking about what might happen with Yami.

"Whatever you decide, Y/n. You have my full support," he smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. "I can't thank you enough for all you've already done for the Clover Kingdom."

I sighed, "You know, if you have any openings here at headquarters, that would help a lot... Then I wouldn't even have to choose between squads."

He laughed again while walking to the door, "You're destined for great things, Y/n. What those things are, that's up to you. But they're not here in this building."

I bowed my head slightly as he left the room and closed the door behind him.

I turned back to the dress. Fun. I can do that... Right?

••••

***Duhhhh dress I have in mind***

Vanessa once told me to always be fashionably late. Make an entrance.