Chapter 31: Unexpected Event

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE.

================================
Chapter 31: Unexpected Event
================================

PLOCK! ................PLOCK!

It was a sound that encompasses all senses. A sound that registers as a knock to death's door. Soldiers in the front lines often hear this sound when they are dying as their senses creates a hypersensitive phenomena that hugs the mind and soul.

But in this place, surrounded by bones of the deceased, the curse that put him to silence awakens every 30 days to be renewed.

PLOCK! ................PLOCK!

The sound that comes from the sky, a shadow that has no boundaries. Like a floating inversed sea of black blood, dropping one after another in the altar that has but a single cup.

PLOCK! .........PLOCK! .......PLOCK!

The droplets of black liquid started to become heavier.

Thicker, more viscous than before, the liquid starts to drop faster, heavier, one drop at a time.

PLOCK! PLOCK! ...PLOCK! ...PLOCK! ...PL...

One after another, the drops became bigger. One after another, they began to group. The afternoon sky bade the red horizon, like that of blood, its vermillion dye was terrifying to the eyes.

The wind died, leaves stopped moving, the drop of black blood continued on without stop. They maintained a pace that every single drop was of neutral shape and size, same pace, filling the cup and over flown.

Days went by like this, the full cup's contents that had over flown lay there on the floor. The ground of dust and bones, of dried up meat, rotten flesh, and crushed skulls, was all dyed in the black liquid. It crawled on from the altar where it appeared, reaching the throne made up of bones.

There, from the center of the throne, first came a figure, limbs and head made up of black shadows.

In all the days as the bright moon shone above, its light in the dark shone down the throne.

Stars were glittering, like crying for help, the ancient evil, sealed and forgotten, had started to awake.

The dead wind started to blow again, days passed since it began. Colder, harsher, dryer, and scented in blood, a sign of the ominous threat that ruled this land.

Of ancient evil, this spirit came, known for his crimes who killed many lives.

In the throne, the dark shadow took a more solid shape, the limbs and head seated in it was more man than a beast. But there was no man in that silhouette, just the dark and ominous shape of what looked like a man.