Chapter 37: A Forgotten King

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE.

================================
Volume 3
Chapter 37: A Forgotten King
================================  

There's still a little more than two minutes before the «Artemis MOD» lose its activation.

It would be a day after that he could use it again.

He doesn't have time.

Using its «triple stats» effect, he burst of his stamina and full throttled ignored the warning that flying in the sky would attract Sky Wyverns.

Again, he doesn't have time. He ignored everything, he ignored it all.

His Flight Armor had reached its maximum horizontal speed of 500km/hr and he wouldn't lie to say that he's feeling a little scared now.

Not scared by the fact of monsters or colliding into a tall tree in this dim darkness, but scared because he's feeling the sense of vertigo pulling his consciousness away. It's like this feeling of being sucked somewhere deep and dark, without knowing if you'll ever come back in the surface of your consciousness.

Is this going to trigger that effect again? He argued to himself but still continued to fly and hover at the verge of the limitation he set to himself.

The creeping sensation hasn't left his skin. He could feel the tense vibe of danger coming almost everywhere.

But it wasn't in the level that monsters give, no, it's like the sensation of having your neck being grabbed by a cold silent hand in the middle of your sleep. And then it would wake you up in a jolt but you can't move your body, not even a finger, and the first face you'll see is the horror that gave you that ill intent.

That kind of scary feeling.

It makes him wary. It makes him very, very aware that there is a high level of danger somewhere.

Still, he followed the general straight direction where he remembered they came. His eyes eagerly, steadily, scanning the dark forest land just a few tens of meters below him and for a good sense of distance, he relied on his feeling to find the few landmarks he consciously trying to remember.

From here and there, he saw a few of them, changing his direction and gliding, flying passed them and fast. 

His mind worked at the vengeance of his heart. He feel his wrath hugging his mind, forgetting the small detail where his friends discovered his secret.

By now, perhaps, they might have been going straight home. His heart felt like being torn apart and pinched with millions of swords, not needles, every time he'd think that he kept his secret from them.

But he had a reason for doing so.

In this drifting thought of his friends, he recalled the day he met them and the exact feeling he had felt then.