Chapter 16: What Category of Problem are You?

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 16 What Category of Problem are You?
================================  

If there is one thing that this group was good at, then that's the fact that they have good evasive reflexes. 

Especially the one named Garin.

This is a skill that those who fought strong monsters in the S-rank classification in a regular basis have.

Monsters move faster than you think. Especially those in the S-ranks of the order. As they are big, so is the speed of their reflexes. Contrary to the belief that a big monster is slower, in the real essence of the word "monster" itself, the bigger their size, the more vicious and dangerous they are.

Because as the law of the forest dictates, the bigger and stronger devours the weaker ones. Thus, they become kings and rulers of their habitat if they are bigger.

And with size comes the ability to cause fear.

When they attack at incredible speeds backed by their incredible strength, the players are required to use extra fast reflexive ability to dodge. That's why players are advised to slowly take their time climbing up the ranks of difficulty so they won't be shocked by the extreme requirements on hunting down stronger monsters.

Siva knew this and that's also one of the reasons why he was having a hard time finishing them off. 

Especially this Garin. He was persistently able to dodge and defend himself at the last moment a finishing blow would about to land. It's been a long 15 minutes since their clash.

Siva was tired, injured, and in a lot of pain.

Perhaps that's enough excuse why his movements felt slow to him and that's perhaps also the reason why the player Garin could dodge his attacks and parry it.

He was buying enough time for his team to run. Maybe he was planning to sacrifice himself to let them get away. Or maybe he was just as his mouth was saying all this time.

"You can't defeat me." 

Siva may have known that as well. 'May'. He is an inexperienced fighter, he knew that. He's still, a C-rank player, at least according to his own standards.

"You're injured, you're weak, and you're running on fumes. You can't lay an attack on me."

Maybe. Siva thought to himself. He put a glance at his open wounds and clicked his tongue.

It's painful. It was a pain that he had not felt for a very long time. 

But this fight, there was something here that he finds detestable to the point that he wanted to glare at the face of this Garin all day. And just when he did, their eyes met and Garin felt spooked as he pushed him off.

His shoulder stiffened and he pressed Siva so hard he almost fell. But instead of following an attack with that opening, what he did was to gain more distance.

In time, then, that Cassiopeia went to Garin's side. 

"You could have finished him!" He snarled at her but it seems that Cassiopeia's concern lay somewhere else.