Chapter 36: The Son of Mars

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE.

================================
Volume 3
Chapter 36: The Son of Mars
================================  

For the professional players of Terroa, the concept of time is but a hindrance. Once you are inside, as the flow of time is hastened three times from that of the real world, you'd have no chance to look at the clock as your attention is fully drawn to the concept of gathering more power, becoming stronger, and of course, as you are a professional gamer, all your attention is put on to gathering information about missions and quests that will bring you more money.

People call them «Dark Gamers» but they aren't dark nor anywhere close to being black hearted individuals.

A poor adjective to describe them it would be but they are, in all aspects, just «Professional Gamers». As is. In the current era, games evolved from recreational into a world where gamers interact with each other while they pursue their own personal agendas.

And now that games have been fitted with the RMT, a system that allows players to trade in-game money to real world CASH, professional gamers had just been a tide more aggressive and wiser than the other gamers.

And to be more blunt about it, in just a few months after the release of the game, the ratio of gamers over the number of the pros dropped in a significant arc.

Following this trend, the real world countries that had the grounds for economical superiority did not miss this chance to claim position over the other ones who had the same idea to monopolize power as much as possible.

Not only that, countries and even private companies all over the world started to hire private and professional adventurers to establish tourism spots for their own profits.

This way, not only they gain in-game money and even influence over the players, they also arouse competition and professionalism on the idea of the profession of the «Hired Adventurers». Players whose confident enough on their skills and abilities grab this opportunity to be able to gain not only glory but also money. Thus the number of professional gamers who didn't care about anything else increases in numbers everyday.

Of these individuals, the Helium Guild is a respected group in the entirety of the Thrall Kingdom and all its neighboring lands.

The Union of Seven Nations, the biggest alliance of countries in the real world, had taken a stronger foothold inside the game as well.

In the Eastern Continent of Espada, «The Union» had been able to take stronger influence over the eastern side of the continent.

With the inclusion of the in-game dominion of the far eastern Kingdom of Thrall; its western neighbor, the Persian Empire; the northern martial Mengsk Territory; and the four states that consisted the ELFF Union, the countries mentioned became a recognized real-world dominion of the «The Union» as their hired adventurers partook in its massive colonization campaign.