Chapter 35: Parting

Hi guys! Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh and please don't forget to leave me a VOTE.

================================
Volume 3
Chapter 35: Parting
================================

Tired and exhausted as he was, Siva fell back two steps before he went down to his back. He chased his air as his body trembled from the anger and the frustration of his fate.

But it wasn't for long as he heard footfalls and his name being called from his left side. He used the giant maul's handle as a cane and stood up to his feet. Then he took out his player window, summoning a tiny flask with a blue liquid inside.

He drank it all and felt Manna coming back to him. It was then that Volt's group had reached his side.

But his expression was sour, compared to the happy faces of the girls. And taking that as a prompt, he took a glance on the direction where his vision said it was the West Horizon.

"Well?" Samara prompted Siva.

"Guys, I have to be honest, this is as far as you'll go."

With that line, Volt stepped forth and without any kind of warning, punched Siva in the face.

Of course he was held back by the girls while Agatha went to pick up Siva. But before Siva could actually say something, Volt's expression changed to an angry visage.

"You fool! Have we not cleared it before? Have we not agreed that we will finish this mission together? Are you really going to abandon us in the dark again? Are we not trust worthy friends to you?!"

"That's enough!" Samara stepped forth between them as Siva tried to pick himself up.

He didn't say anything.

He didn't resist being helped by Agatha.

The black mask lay on the ground, a trickle of blood was in the spot on his left eye where Volt's fist landed.

"Matt! Explain yourself!" Samara yelled again and her expression said that he wouldn't forgive this conduct if left unexplained.

"Why don't we hear what he's gonna say?"

When prompted, Siva went to pick up his mask. But he didn't wear it and instead had an understanding, guilty look on his face as he faced the four.

"I'll say it again. This is as far as..."

"Dex!" Siva was interrupted. Volt's expression, his clenched fist, his stance —all said that he will hit him again if he continue his words.

"Why don't you tell us the real reason why! Start with your real name!"

Siva's eyes widened in surprise but it was only for a moment as the next expression of guilt was drawn all over his visage. Only this time, it was more absolved.