Chapter 18: War Machine

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 18: War Machine
================================ 

It's early in the morning and he's already up against a real problem.

One thing that Siva had learned when fighting monsters is that if you reserve something like "appearance" in the face of adversary, you are sure to die.

When he first stepped forth in the forest of Kali outside of Aarun, he was so nervous that he run away at the first encounter against a Predator.

But then, when he remembers why he was doing this, he always stops, take a step back, look for a better angle of attack, then attack in full force.

It worked for a long time.

While he was searching for treasures to target, he was also training and learning the system that runs the game.

The mobs are different from one another. There are mobs that are the same race and size, but one is a lot stronger while the other more docile. He learned that it was a system of AI allocation.

At least, he deduced.

But with monsters, it's a whole lot different dimension of a story. Imagine a hungry lion 3 elephant-sized, with the aggressiveness of a cheetah and wings of a dragon, glaring at you.

The fear created by the texture made by Virtual Reality is what gamers loved and hated at the same time.

It's that exhilarating feeling of knowing it was a game, yet, it feels real to the skin. That's why the fear of death can be felt by the player in half its real intensity. 

The evolution of game! Before it was just pixilated remote controlled characters moving in a sandbox of a system, then it became HD, and now this.

Years gone by, the standards of gaming developed so dramatically fast, gamers' standards went higher and higher, eventually resulting to the global hunger of that ultimate gaming experience.

So RPG: Terroa was released.

Now, Siva was facing a monster created with that same dream's efforts converted into a real being, felt by his virtual reality-rendered senses.

The roar alone was enough to cause his blood-bathed skin to crawl up like a gooseflesh. But he persisted. He will kill this bastard first because this is the biggest hindrance in their duel.

A guy like Garin is the type to not stab an unprepared opponent in the back. He treasures the honor won by winning duels fair and square.

But he was also not the type to engage an enemy he is not prepared against. Unlike Siva, Garin is a "player" who hunts in numbers and not a hunter who chases a target alone.

Rex hunted monsters alone. 

In the east and west Oz forests in Aarun, in the mountains of Walled City of Hagonoy, and in the vast seas of the Pacific Ocean.