Chapter 06: Chasing Her

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 06: Chasing Her
================================  

The moment he got out of the room wearing a scowl, the three people in the living room returned their look of displeasure on Siva.

"What are you looking at?" He snarled and equipped his mask and cloak.

"What are you acting so high and mighty for?" The girl stood from her seat and returned fire with her own set of burning words. "What, your presentation was poor that you did not make it as a member? Or are your item so poor like you that your client back down?"

At some point, although it did not hit the target, but the things she said were so close to the target that it added a few notches on the degrees of his hate.

And as a reflex, as the other three stood up to support the arrogant words of the girl, Siva wasn't able to stop himself and "treated" the three as enemies. And almost with pure reflex, the white mask he wore became black with red linings. His clothes changed into white polo and black slacks and the Dragunov materialized in its full appearance that emphasized the material's make.

The three's eyes were frozen in surprise as they all saw the same messages in their visions.

[You are inside the Killing Zone. Your defenses are down by 70%.]

And as if being a pure gentleman, the guy on the right stood to protect the girl as Siva reached for the throat to grab. So instead, he grabbed the man's collar and was about to hit him when the he noticed a blinking icon on his vision that made him stop.

"Tsk. Stay out of my way." Siva said and pushed off the guy towards the girl and glanced over the knife's edge on his right side. "Hmp."

Siva turned around and re-equipped the ragged cloak.

"This ain't over yet!" The guy shouted behind Siva and corrected his bearing with her help.

He did not even mind the glare that felt like stabbing his back. The cloak hid away his anger, the mask bade the cover to protect the people from his Ability because he can't guarantee that he won't forgive anyone who will stand in his way.

***

Siva put on his communicator as soon as he stepped out of the 'VIP Inn' building into the pub. When he saw the name of the person calling, he smiled as to feel the pangs of anger fading away in his chest. 

Truth be told, he was already losing hope after hearing Augustus's words upstairs.

Also, as much as he hated to admit it, this time around, he would be needing the help of the people with the person who's calling him right now.

"How's the investigation?" he voiced out and sat down into a chair near the right lower corner of the pub, away from the crowds where a drinking party was happening.

On the semi-transparent H-panel that materialized in his vision, the moving image of Samara and her purple themed witch garb made an earful smile.