27 - Denial

Evelyn's POV

I woke up flustered to the sound of my alarm, anxiety through the roof as I was sure I had woken up late and wouldn't make it to class on time, again. Gladly for me, it wasn't too late and I had some time to spare for breakfast and to get ready before I had to head to school. I hadn't gotten much sleep -how original- as my head was desperately trying to wrap itself around the talk Bailey and I had yesterday morning. She was certain about me having feelings for Aiden and made some very strong points to prove me wrong when I kept telling her he's an idioticasshole and a shittyexcuseofahuman that I could never, not in a billion years, like.

He was good looking, sure. And I care for him a whole bunch, and I did feel something during that kiss, and the almost-kiss which says a lot, but I didn't know if I could imagine myself ever being with him. In my head, he was just my best friend, and I had never thought about him being anything else, but I couldn't shake off the things I felt when he was touching me.

Was I in denial?

I wasn't going to pick up on that thought again, I knew it was going to mess me up real good. Not being able to avoid him though, my mind drifted to today. He was going to be at school and I'd be forced to see him all day. Maybe, just maybe I'd be lucky enough not to have many classes with him, but he was going to be at our table during lunch. Awesome.

I shook my head and got up, getting dressed faster than the speed of light so that I could have a proper breakfast because if not, I was sure I would collapse during the day.

I got dressed and headed downstairs, but I stopped in my tracks when a Patrick stuffie was thrown at me. I turned around and saw Jason standing in the crook of his door, looking at me. I grabbed Patrick and went towards him, concerned. "Good morning Jay. What's wrong?" I asked him but I could guess what was wrong. Vague voices could be heard from downstairs, of people fighting but I couldn't identify who it was. "Cole and his wife are fighting" he said in a low voice and I laughed at the fact that he still refused to call her Jade after all this time. When they first started dating, Cole loved to call Jade 'his wife' because he was just so whipped for her. I found it cute, but my feminist side arose every time Jason refused to call her by her name, even though I found it kind of cute, still.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Okay, go to your room and I'll go get something for us to eat" I said and gave him Patrick before heading downstairs. The couple in despair didn't even notice me, and the tension of their argument concerned me, but I decided to let them figure it out on their own. It wasn't the first time they were fighting, anyway.

I quickly grabbed some bread, my beloved Nutella, two plates, a spoon for Jay and a knife for me and went back to his room. We sat and ate, after I assured him everything was fine downstairs, we just had to be patient and let them talk It out on their own. Or at least, fight it out.

We finished our breakfast and grabbed our things. By the time we went downstairs Cole was alone and Jade was nowhere to be found. He spotted us and we exchanged 'Good morning's'. I put a hand on his shoulder and quietly asked him if he was okay to which he just nodded. I wasn't convinced but I let it go for the time being.

Cole and Jay left, as Cole was the one that was taking our brother to school these last couple of days and I walked to school. I barely got there in time, which was good because I didn't have to face anyone just yet.

First class was Αlgebra and this time we weren't so lucky as to have a spare hour. Gladly, when I walked inside the class Aiden was nowhere to be found, so I did my little happy dance inside my head.

~~~

Time passed much too slow for my liking, but at last I was free to go. Me, Maya and Parker walked towards the cafeteria, where we met with Jagger, who was alone. Weird. We sat on our usual table where the boys started talking about everything and nothing, Maya and I having a chat of our own.