23 - Murderer

"Cole" Aiden spoke first, Cole's nostrils flaring, jaw ticking and fists clenching. His anger was radiating in the space all around them. Aiden on the other end was so relaxed, cocky even, not budging when Cole spat his name through gritted teeth.

Aiden's POV

"I have something yours" Cole said and pointed to my hoodie "I see that" I replied and instead of pointing to the piece of clothing, my eyes fell on Evelyn who was standing close by, fear and shock on her face. She wasn't looking at me.

"What I don't know is why it's on your hands. Last time I checked it wasn't you I gave it to. It's too big for you to fill anyway" I spat, crossing my arms over my chest. I knew I was fucking with his temper, I could sense him losing control and I fucking loved every second of it.

"Don't push me, Black"

"That's all you could think of? Sad, people think you're tough" my gaze was falling between him and her, though I was much more interested in her. I heard about what happened at school with Lindsay and was on my way to check up on her, only hoping she wasn't in bad shape. My hopes were wrecked when I looked at her. Bruises were already starting to form on her cheeks. Her lip was busted, it had definitely bled and her eyes were blurry, their usual shine not present. Poor thing, I was sure there were more injuries hidden by her clothes. Her stance was small, defensive. I wanted to go over to her and comfort her so badly, but instead, I had to stay here and waste my time on his fool.

"You wanna see tough?" he threatened and took a step forward, his face inching close to me. Mocking him, I spoke "Don't push me, Hayes" I emphasized his last name, momentarily thinking about how shameful it was that he had the same last name as Eve.

Evelyn ran to us, putting a hand on my shoulder and looking at me pleadingly. "Please, don't" her voice was a hushed whisper. Listening to her, I took a step back. "Why do you have my shirt" I asked him again, more calm this time.

"Because she will have nothing to do with you from now on" he spoke and grabbed Evelyn by the arm, dragging her behind him, winces coming out of her mouth almost instantly. "Watch it, you're hurting her" I spat through gritted teeth. "Stay out of this, it's none of your business anyway" he replied.

"You don't get to decide that" I crossed my arms over my chest, a chuckle escaping my lips. "Oh, really? Well, get this. This is my sister and I have decided you won't be seeing her anymore" He crossed his own arms, raising his chin, thinking his words have any impact on me. "Oh, yeah? Then you get this. I don't give a fuck what you have decided" I spat back.

Cole chuckled, a smirk on his lips. "I don't think they were beating you hard enough over there, you still haven't learned shit" he fired, really thinking he did something with that.

"What? You think you can have a shot at me?" I laughed and shook my head, making him mutter something under his breath and laugh at me, before lunging forward. With no luck, of course, as I, at the same time as Eve, stopped him. I faintly heard her call for him, almost in a reprimanding manner. "Watch yourself. This isn't the place or the time for this shit" I spoke, my tone stern.

With the corners of my eyes I could see people gathering. They weren't many but with us, one was too many. "Saw that everyone? Aiden Black turned down a fight! What? You're playing civilized now? Shocker! I didn't see you do that when you were beating the shit out of your best friend!"

Evelyn's POV

People are gathering in the distance, stopping in their tracks to watch as the view of my brother fighting with Aiden was apparently far more interesting than what they had planned for the day. Cole's voice had raised dangerously and the spiteful words that were coming out of his mouth could easily be heard by anyone passing by.