18 - Kiss me

Recap of the last chapter: The guys had their pArTy, Aiden told Evelyn he didn't want to come back and almost kissed her but then we found out he has a girlfriend and now our youngsters are going to hang out. Yikes.

~~~

It was getting late and Lord knew everyone had had too much to drink. Me and Aiden said our goodbyes to the guys who were waiting for the ride.

"Are you sure you guys don't want a ride?" Aiden asked, seeing how wasted the boys were and remembering the girls haven't gotten their licenses yet.

"Don't worry about it, my brother will be here anytime now" Bailey spoke and I made a face, remembering my past very traumatic experiences with Bailey's brother.

Noticing my discomfort, she turned to me and said "I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean at least you won't be there" she teased, earning a playful shove from me. "Just make sure these three don't throw up on the way, I don't want your brother blaming me from this one too" I said and leaned against the door.

"Why would he blame you?" Aiden asked, frowning. Bailey, Ivory and Maya all shared a look before saying "He'd blame her for WWII" they said and Aiden nodded, still looking pretty confused though. Right then, we heard a horn go off and looking out the window we spotted the grey Suzuki Swift her brother drove.

"Your carriage is here, better not make your driver wait" I teased, giving each of the girls a hug, Ivory reminding me to check our group chat when I got the chance.

Aiden closed the door behind them and after a moment of silence turned to me. "So, whatcha want to do, Hayes?" He asked, making me cross my hands over my chest and raise my eyebrows. "What?" He questioned, and I huffed. "You've been an ass this whole time and all you have to say about it is that?" I said back.

"Come on, you know that wasn't personal-"
"-You said you didn't want to come back. That sounds pretty personal to me" I cut him off and went to the kitchen, grabbing a bag and starting to fill it with our garbage.

"I don't understand why you have to make what I said be about you. That could mean anything." He calmly stated, doing the same thing as me. "What did it mean then" I asked, forcing myself to sound calm and gathered, the fact that I wasn't looking at him helping quite a bit.

"There's no point in even telling you, you won't understand" he replied and continued cleaning the other side of the room. "That sounds amazing because I already don't understand anything" I said back and continued cleaning my side of the room. I heard him sigh and before he could speak I continued "For instance, I don't understand why you're even back nor do I understand why you're over here pretending to be my friend" my movements starting to get aggressive.

With that, I heard his movements get hasty and also aggressive before he spoke "I'm not pretending anything, I am your friend" trying to keep his voice calm although I could tell he clearly wasn't.

"Doesn't seem like it" I very calmly stated, not bothering to turn and look at him. "Oh, really? What does it seem like then?" he fired back, clearly annoyed, while proceeding to throw stuff into the plastic bag.

I struggled to find an answer to that. What did it seem like? I didn't know. I wanted to be able to say he was my friend, but there were things that were keeping me back from giving him that title again. I could see there were still parts of him that cared, but his moodswings and cold attitude towards me at times make me reconsider my thoughts. Plus, I can't simply ignore the fact that he's had a girlfriend all this time and I was kept in the dark about It.