34 - F.R.I.E.N.D.S

After the eventful morning we all had, Bailey, Ivory and I spent the next of the school day at the diner Lindsay and I had exchanged some words in. I told the girls what went down in the bathroom, leaving out the audio proof I had. I knew for sure I was being played, but my pride wouldn't let me share that with anyone. It was bad enough that Cole knew about it and was probably doing his victory dance somewhere, knowing he had finally proved Black wasn't innocent.

What he didn't know was that I wasn't convinced. The whole Lindsay story just didn't make sense. He wasn't a criminal, I didn't think so, but there were certain things I remembered that made me unable to believe him entirely.

Flashbacks

''See, Aiden, me and you might have more in common than what you think, am I right? So why fight, when we can just join our forces for something we could both benefit from?''

He shook his head, disgusted. ''Me and you, have nothing in common so you better forget about whatever you had in that sick mind of yours, because I am done helping your ass.''

~~~

''That's different'' he said under his breath, loud enough for me to hear. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. ''Sure, Cole.'' I rolled my eyes.

''You don't know what I know so you better drop it and stop accusing me of things I didn't do.''

''I didn't accuse you of anything I simply mentioned what I heard come from your own mouth, in your own words'' I said, trying to hold my ground.

''Should know?'' he chuckled ''You have nothing to do with this so it'd be better for all of us if you'd just stay out of it'' he said, his tone harsh.

~~~

''Then why don't you tell me about it?! It's not that hard Cole, plus I do have something to do with it, I know it now. Aiden told me'' I said, turning to look at him. The car stopped abruptly at a red light, making both of us jolt back in our seats.

''He what?!'' he yelled, his fist colliding with the steering wheel ''That fucking idiot'' he murmured, probably not wanting me to hear, but I did.

Present Time

What a shame that the only person that could give me the information I needed was my tormentor.

"Evelyn" I felt Ivory's hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, coming back to reality. "We lost you for a second, what's up?" she asked, eyes holding sympathy. "Everything's fine, I'm just a little lost, that's all" I told her. I could sense Bailey's eyes on us, studying our conversation intensively. "We'll talk about this after... the commercial break" she said and headed towards the bathroom, making me laugh.

Bailey put a hand on top of my own, making me turn my attention to her. I looked at her, questioningly. "Where do you think all of this is coming from?" she asked, catching me off guard, as someone else would say. "You mean the Aiden situation?" I asked and she nodded.

I huffed, "I have no idea" I said and we shared a moment of silence before I spoke again. "Should I try to get something out of Cole?" I asked and she shook her head. "Aiden" she corrected me, making me scoff.

"I know what you're thinking, but that's the only person that can give you the truth. Talk to Aiden" she pleaded before Ivory took a seat next to me once again. She laughed "Your phone's ringing again" she said and pointed towards the vibrating device. I rolled my eyes, flipping it over to see the caller ID. Three guesses who it was.

"Dude he hasn't stopped calling, would it hurt to answer once, just to see what he wants?" Bailey suggested and I looked away running a hand through my hair, my thoughts all over the place. "Are you serious? No way. He was a pig to her, the only thing he deserves from her now is silence" Ivory fought. I declined the call, listening to Ivory. I was going to talk with him eventually, just not now.