3 - When a guy in a van gets you wet

''Wait you told her?'' said a very surprised Bailey. It was the end of the third period and we were heading towards the cafeteria. We had spent all day talking about how bad the field trip was, and I finally told them about the little stunt with my mum.''I'm just as surprised as you are, don't worry.'' I said while putting some books in my locker. ''And?'' Maya said, slightly looking up from her phone. ''And; she caused a scene and left me to walk here.'' I said, slamming my locker's door shut. ''So that's why you were late today!'' Ivory exclaimed, sounding like she had won the lottery.

''Trust me I still think walking is way better than my mum driving me here and me getting reprimanded during the entire ride.'' I said while rolling my eyes.

''Except for the part when a guy in a mum – van gets you wet'' Bailey said making us all laugh.

We found our usual table at the cafeteria and put our things down. ''Okay, so, according to Jagger, there's going to be a party this weekend'' she said while doing a little shoulder shake towards me. I didn't bother commenting on it, since I had no intention of going anyway. I wasn't much of the party type. Netflix and Nutella ice cream sounded way more fun if you asked me.

''So?" Ivory said suggestively while looking at all of us. ''So what?'' I said, taking another bite of my sandwich. ''I mean, we're going, right?" Ivory said, a hopeful tone lacing her voice. ''You guys can go if you want to but count me out.'' I said, checking my phone. ''Come on! Don't be such a boring ass! It's your senior year, and so far you haven't gone to any of the parties that were thrown, you can't miss this one too.'' Ivory said, slightly annoyed.

''Do I look like I give a damn? Because I don't. Like I really don't.'' You guys can go and have fun, but I am not going.'' I said, looking around the room.

''Seriously? This again? Evelyn, you haven't had yourself some real fun since that New Year's party and your cousin's Halloween party. The first was three years ago and the second one was thrown in Mc Donald's because guess what, your cousin's 10! I don't know what the heck got into you, but it better get out, because I want my best friend back.'' Ivory said, annoyed, angry and slightly sad altogether, before getting up and leaving.

So do I, I thought, not having the actual guts to tell her. I had spent way too much of my time crying over Aiden leaving because mostly, I was scared. 'It's not safe for me here anymore' he said but what did he mean? I never learned, and honestly I don't know if I ever will. Whatever it was, it must've been serious, considering it made us cut ties completely. That was what I hated the most about not knowing. Not knowing whether he was able to contact me and didn't, or if he just couldn't.

''Don't listen to her, kay? You don't have to go. Parties are for having fun and if you don't think you'll have fun, then why go anyway?'' Bailey said with a slight smile. ''Are you guys going?'' I asked but knowing them, I already knew the answer. Maya would be too busy studying and Bailey would be too busy trying to get her brother sober. It's the same stuff every time.

''Nah, someone has to be around when my bro comes home wasted. I'm pretty sure drunk Nash is capable of calling the cops to come arrest a drunk driver who'd happen to be himself.'' Bailey said while rolling her eyes.

''What about you M?" I asked Maya, who was now too busy trying to figure out how the new IOS update worked. ''Huh?'' she replied, clearly not knowing what we were talking about.

''Are you going to Jagger's party?'' I asked again. ''When's that again?" she replied, not looking up from her screen. ''You know what, nevermind, I'll find a way to find out because this girl's going'' Maya replied closing her phone and looking at us with a big smile.

''Okay?'' I awkwardly said, looking over to Bailey who had the same confused expression as me. Maya was not the type to party. Like ever. 'Books are man's best friend' is basically her life motto.