15 - Train Wreck

"Look who decided to come back to planet earth"

I groaned and turned my back to Ivory who's been trying to wake me up for the last ten minutes but nothing could make me budge. It was Monday morning and even though I wasn't tired, I just didn't feel like going to school. Friday's events were so mentally draining that I wished I could just lock myself in my room for the next, I don't know month?

"If she's not up in two minutes I'm leaving without you" Maya said from behind Ivory and I could hear her impatiently tapping her foot on the floor.

"Fine, fine, I'm up" I said, pulling the covers off me and reluctantly getting up. I left the room to get dressed and ran to the bathroom, Ivory and Maya following me close behind.

"You wanna explain why you look like a train wreck?" Ivory chuckled, desperately trying to fix my hair as I was walking towards my fridge. "Seriously, girl you look a mess" Maya agreed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, grabbing my banana.

"Ooh, Evelyn is eating a banana" Ivory played with her hair trying to be sexual. "Take notes Maya, she's skilled" she laughed before getting hit on the head with a book.

I only chuckled, sitting back and watching them banter about Maya and her none-existing love life while I ate my now sexualized breakfast. Friday's events haven't left my mind, in spite of my attempts. Aiden and I never got to talk about the scene I had witnessed outside that party and I knew he would avoid talking to me about it at all costs.

I wanted to believe him, I really did, but Cole was my brother and his side of the story didn't really match Aiden's. But then again Cole didn't seem too innocent. How did he know all that stuff? He left for college not too long after Aiden had left the town so how is it that he knows everything about his...activities?

I knew that Aiden had been close to, well, not the best people you could come across, meaning he had probably done some, bad things? I thought that as long as these things happened so that he could get his life back and protect his loved ones it was, okay? Well, not okay but it was what helped me sleep at night. In my mind his actions were a result of threats and fear and he had no intention in doing them if there wasn't a reason. But Cole's words kept creeping back into my brain, causing me to start thinking otherwise.

''He's not a good person, Evelyn. Not even close. He's done shit you can't even imagine and you still chose to go with him."

''I'm not like him. I'm not that sick"

And It's not just Cole that makes me suspicious. Some nights before I bumped into Aiden at Jagger's party, I had a nightmare. I called someone over to talk about it and our talk really helped me, but I still was feeling uneasy. So, I went on a walk, it was early and the sun was on starting to come up. I ended up at the park, and sat at the swing until someone, a guy around my age came an sat in the swing next to mine. He got to talking to me, saying he remembered me from primary school. He had a weird name, I can't seem to remember it, but it was familiar, he looked familiar too. We spoke for a while, it was nice talking to someone I didn't know. At some point we got to talking about our friends and he even talked to me about his love life. I felt comfortable with him, so I told him about Aiden. Not everything, I just mentioned that a really close friend of mine had left the town some years ago. The minute I told him his name, he freezed, got up and ran away.

I wanted to ask Aiden about it, I wanted to speak with him and thinking about it now I probably should've asked him when he was still in my room but I couldn't. I'm trying to look at him the way I used to, I really am, but knowing the things I know now, I just don't feel the same comfort I used to. I don't feel like I trust him the way I used to anymore.