8 -Mystery files & trying to be Matilda

''Where does Bailey live again?" I widened my eyes, looking around me, realizing he had missed two turns already and now we were heading towards; wait, where are we going? Bailey's house was in the other side of the town, a side I never went to alone nor did I exactly know, since it didn't exactly have the best reputation in the world and I didn't want to get jumped by a random guy who'd kill me, take my organs and throw my body in a ditch.

I facepalmed myself hard and looked at him with wide eyes. ''You don't know where Bailey lives? And where the hell were you going this whole time?'' he opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off by gasping dramatically and pointing at him ''I see what you're doing and you're not going to get away with it you pig! You wanted to make me willingly get in your expensive, good looking, dreamy car so that you could have me all to your self, chop me up and then throw me to a river!''

He stared at me with wide eyes as the car came to a stop. His face turned redder and redder by the second before he burst out laughing so hard I thought he was going to have a heart attack. ''You idiotic worm'' I said, punching his shoulder as hard as I could which didn't seem to affect him very much since he just kept laughing.

''S-Sorry, sorry, I-I'll stop, I'll stop'' he said and let out a long breath. While he was laughing his ass off, I found nothing funny about the whole thing. ''It's not funny! We're lost Aiden!'' I yelled, shaking his shoulders. Ohh, hard shoulders, hello.

''Chill, we're not lost, we're just on the other side of town. Now, sit back and tell me where Bailey lives without having a stroke'' he said, completely calm. I gave him her address and put my seat belt on, holding on to it tighter than I hold my pillow. ''Calm down, you're not going to die. I know this place better than I know myself, we'll be there before you can say 'Aiden is the most handsome man on earth'' he said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

Some minutes later, we were sitting in his car, outside of Bailey's house. I looked forward, surprised, not daring to look at him. ''Okay, fine, mayybe I exaggerated a little before.'' I said, still looking forward. He just chuckled and shook his head ''Thanks for giving me a ride, anyway'' he shook his head as if saying it was nothing and asked if I wanted him to wait for me so that he could give me a ride home, but I told him I'd take a cab instead. I reached Bailey's front door and waved at him before opening the door which was open? ''Bailey?'' I started looking for her in the trashed room. There were things thrown everywhere, mostly papers and files. Looking around the big living room, I found her in the corner of the room, crying while holding a bunch of papers in her arms.

I ran to her and hugged her, trying to calm her down. She seemed to calm down a little when she saw me but she immediately hid the file she was holding when I came in the room. ''I-I'm s-so sorry Evelyn'' she said and looked down. ''Sorry for what?'' I said, looking at her concerned. ''I-I should've stopped things before they got here'' she said and held the file closer to her. I told her that whatever had happened could be fixed and to calm down, before taking her hand in mine and leading her to the kitchen. She sat down and I made her some tea, like I knew it was what always calmed her down. The papers still sat on her lap, making me curious to know about their content.

She still seemed troubled, her leg moving up and down anxiously as she looked around the room, her glance never quite settling in one spot. ''You don't have to tell me. No matter what happened, I'm sure there's a way to fix things. '' I told her, noticing how her mouth would open but then quickly shut as she tried to find the right words to use but failed. She brought her bloodshot gaze on me, her entire body tense. ''You don't understand'' she said, putting down the tea mug and taking hold of the mysterious papers, sighing. ''These papers; these papers could change everything you think you know! You have no idea how much I've been dying to give them to you but I can't'' she said, tears escaping her eyes.