6 - Missed me?

*In Cheryl Blossom's voice* I'm in the mood for chaos *evil smirk*

Don't hate me, things get better from the next chapter// read the author's note at the end, i have more to say oops

***

''Aiden?!'' I almost screamed, making him lift his head from the floor to look at me, his own eyes now widening. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I didn't know what to think, what to say or what to do in general. I was confused as ever; I couldn't figure out my own mind.

Muttering a curse under his breath, he grabbed my hand and started leading us towards the other side of the room, probably to Jagger's room.

Through the huge crowd of people, I spotted Bailey and Maya who looked at me and frowned initially but then dropped their jaws when they realized who I was with.

Finally, Aiden and I reached Jagger's room where he lead me inside, closed and locked the door. For a few seconds he stood like that, facing the door, before he actually turned around to look at me. My breathing was heavy and I was trying really hard not to cry, though my eyes were already watering. I didn't want him to know how broken I was when he left, therefore I didn't let it show. I couldn't believe what was happening; I was standing there, in a room with Aiden. My childhood best friend who I -until literally some seconds ago, had no idea I'd see again.

Aiden turned around slowly, he himself being breathless. His gray eyes captured my brown ones, making me feel like I couldn't even inhale the little oxygen I was able to receive. ''Missed me?'' he said with a smug look on his face, making me notice how deeper his voice -the voice I had missed hearing, had gotten now. He's not 15 anymore.

He definitely had gotten taller, like way taller since the last time I saw him. His hair was messy, the way he always kept it, but it suited him. He was wearing a fitting black shirt that showed off his muscles. Hello biceps, the boy has been working out. From the moment I was left alone with him I could feel his presence, stronger than ever. I took a good look at him, trying to take in his presence around me, probably because I was scared I wouldn't get to have that again. His left arm was filled with tattoos, his ears pierced in various places. He was always like that. A rebel,  as cliché as that sounds.

I walked towards him, determined before trying to murder him with my own hands, hitting him in various places as he tried to get a hold of me. I kept hitting him -not that I really made a difference-, tears blurring my vision ''H-How c-could you! I-I trusted you, heck, I needed you! A-And w-what did you do? You left! You left a-and didn't say a thing for three years! Three years! A-And now you come-''

In an instant, I felt like I couldn't say a thing, my mouth hanging open as I realized what was happening. His arms were around my body, holding me tightly in his embrace. My tears turning into sobs, I let him hold me as I put my arms around him as well. I hadn't realized how much I needed this. To see him, to be in his arms, to have him soothe me and tell me that everything would be okay.

Because he'd make it okay.

''I promise you there's an explanation for this whole thing. It's going to end soon, this bullshit, I promise it will''

I couldn't hide the small smile that started forming on my lips. ''But if you need an answer for your question, seriously, did you have to come back now, I was doing just fine without you, you know'' I joked, chuckling at the end. He put a hand on his chest and gasped, faking hurt and looked at me with a disapproving look ''I thought we had a bond Eve! How could you say this'' he said, playing along, making my smile widen when he used his favorite nickname for my name.