YaYa🕺🏽💕🛸

Two weeks later..

" when did you find out you were the number one pick in the draft and what were you feeling ?" The interviewer asked me .

" I was in Mexico with my boyfriend and all of a sudden my phone started blowing up and all my friends and family were telling me . "

" I was excited though, it still takes time for me to believe that it's real " I laughed.

" now..we seen you on social media saying that the LA sparks is like your dream team , plus it's in your hometown ! If you do get drafted to that team are you gonna be excited to be back home ?" .

" yeah ! I mean I did build a life here in Charlotte so it's kinda hard but wherever I go then ..that's where I go " I shrugged .

We finished the interview later and I went to the facility because the boys practice was soon .

I made it there and said hello to everyone and then went on the court and set the ball racks up .

I took one of the balls and hooped around . " okay number one draft pick , I see you !" I heard and looked to my left .

Pj and terry walked in and set their stuff down , walking towards me .

" you know I'm like that bestie " I brushed off my shoulders. " we not bestfriends no more , you too friendly " he shook his head .

I was about to slap the back of his neck terry caught my hand . " I just saved you from getting slapped hard asf , you welcome " he told pj .

I glared at him making terry laugh . " what you gone do if you get drafted away from Charlotte?" Terry asked .

I shrugged " I don't know ..I haven't even figured it out yet " I said while dribbling until pj took the ball from me .

" boy go get yo own ball !" . " I want this one " He held it in the air and I started jumping up to reach it .

" I'll make you run suicides " I told him as all the other boys walked in .

He instantly gave me the ball back making me laugh . " she ain't even in the league , I ain't taking orders from her " I heard behind me .

I scrunched up my face making melo look at me " what ?" He came up to me .

" someone over there talking shit " I turned around but he pulled me back " maya don't .." he told me .

I recognize who's voice it was too , Cody zeller. " boy please , start In a game and then we'll talk " I said and they looked at me .

" I do start actually " he stood up . " what , last year ? How you sprain ya wrist but don't even put up points ? Please " I mugged him .

I'm not fina argue with his old ass . " fuck going on ?" Miles chuckled .

" I'm just saying ; she's not even pro but she wants us to take orders from her " Cody shrugged .

" bro she's cool , who the hell pee'd in yo cereal " devonte said and I walked up closer to them .

" it's my job ! It don't matter if I'm pro or not . Your pro and don't put up any points ! Your pro and only get in to pass the ball around or when someone is inju-"

" maya , chill it's cool " pj said . " you act like your the boss or the coach and your really not !" He said .

" yo chill on my girl ! She obviously work here to help us get better and improve and you just yapping and shit . You just got back from an injury how you gone sit here and talk shit ?" Melo said .

" she's only here because you guys are together though ! I don't need no help from a nineteen year old girl that clearly isn't even pro , she's just known because of her dad " Cody said .

" first of all ! I'm here because YOUR coach and the staff wanted me to be ! Second of all ; I'm a nineteen year old WOMAN that's number one pick in the draft , you weren't! Third of all ; do not bring my father into none of this , if your jealous just say that but you sure were asking for my autograph when we first met !" I said .

" damn .." some of the boys said cause everyone knew I was right .

" I'm not finna argue no more with someone that's my mama age , go practice and try to put up some points while i continue being number one pick in the draft " I told him straight up .

I turned to the rest of the boys " y'all wanna have a scrimmage or just hoop around ?" I asked .

" scrimmage!" They all said making me chuckle . " okay but first warm up ! " I said as they went on the court and I sat down .

Coach came in and sat by me " who do they go against tomorrow?" I asked him .

" the Atlanta hawks , home game " he told me and I nodded.

  " I think they will win , just gotta watch out for trae , John and cam really " I told him .

  " those three could really put in some points so I was thinking about starting some new people ...like melo " he said which I was very surprised.

  " coming from me helping out and knowing how he plays ; I think it is time to start him especially with this team . He could easily put up points and have the team in lead " I said truthfully and he nodded.

  " alright , I'll go plan it out now " he high fives me and walked away .

  I got up and seen the boys already started a scrimmage. " good D biz!!" I shouted .

Terry shot a clean three and I clapped . " get low Gordon!" I shouted and he listened , it was kinda hard for him cause he was tall .

He stole the ball from miles and dunked it as the boys cheered . " he cheated bro !" Miles laughed .

  " how you cheat in a scrimmage!" Pj and the rest of them joked making me laugh .

There were cameras filming also for some series thing that coach came up with .

" maya is ..Like the big sister of the team " biz spoke during the show interview.

" she's definitely a leader and helps us improve as a-a team and as ourselves " Miles said .

  " she's a chill person and I think what makes it better is that ; she pushes us , leads us , she's there for us as a team but also if we ever need someone to just talk to then she's always there " pj and devonte spoke .

  " I think what makes her different is her strive to see us do better and play better as a team. She's one hell of a basketball player too" Gordon spoke .

 She's one hell of a basketball player too" Gordon spoke